Medal of Honor H2 online controls?

llol_slim

WiiChat Member
Sep 24, 2007
devon
Wii Online Code
0423-8829-8601-2645
I've been looking at footage of MOH : H2 online, and I'm wondering, is the target controlled by the wiimote?
Just wondering as it looks very "steady" with no shake or slight random-ness you get with the pointer.. unless there is slighlty lowered sensitivity?

I read that it uses the zapper, but I'm not sure im convinced.
Logic says it has to, because otherwise the target would be controlled by the nunchuck, then how would you move?! But it just looks so steady..

Compare it to the arcade on rails mode, that is the movement I would expect to see.

My research skills are far from impressive, so someone might be able to prove me wrong (i hope) easily.

Logic says that if they are pairing the zapper up with the game, then the pointer is controlled by the remote. Just like in the shooting game on Wii Play. Maybe you should get Wii Play and practice on keeping a steady hand.

LoganSix said:
Maybe you should get Wii Play and practice on keeping a steady hand.

I have no problems with the gun or steadyness. I used to play the hell out of time Crisis in the arcade, crack shot ;-)

::I'm not looking for an arguament by the way, if my writing style comes across that way, apologies.::

Just looking at the videos the movement of the on-screen target is not synomynous with free-hand movement, in my eye, it looks more like something you would see from a game like goldeneye on the N64.. ie controlled with an analogue stick..smooth and relatively slow.

If you watch the movie below, compare the movement of the target on the first part of the footage, to that of the "Arcade mode" and you can notice how much more free and eratic the target is, and how much more of the screen it covers.

Like I say, I may be wrong, and hope people prove me wrong.. maybe its just the different guns have different amount of sensitivity/movement/etc depending on their size (machine gun compared to a hand gun for example)

[MEDIA]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/822861/medal_of_honor_heroes_2_trailer[/MEDIA]

Well, I think it's normal. If you go back and play Metroid Prime 3 you'll see the pointer is pretty steady (unless, of course, it's just you.)

But according to IGN, you'll have calibration options and you'll be able to adjust the dead-box or dead-zone or whatever it's called.

AtomicB said:
Well, I think it's normal. If you go back and play Metroid Prime 3

now theres's a reason to buy it :D
Ok well maybe I'm just being paranoid. I will still be buying it!

What, you've never played Metroid Prime 3? I was one of those people who never really got into Metroid, but it was a great game!

It's the first first-person... perspective, I said perspective... to get the controls right on the Wii.

And Medal of Honor: Heroes II should have good controls as well considering it's almost fully customizable. You can change how fast you turn or how much you can move the cursor without moving the screen.

Just adjust and tweak how you see fit.

The only time I see that they use the chuck to control aiming is with the bazooka.

On rail games at the arcade that I play, you usually have a gun and just point at the target. It seems to me that MOH:H2 will be the same as that. There is another video on the web that shows people using the Zapper on Link's Crossbow Training. In it, you can see them using the joystick on the chuck to move, but still pointing the gun for the targeting.

Not trying to be argumentative either, just being a smart as with the "logical" comment.

If you mean the Crosshair that's just because of the player in the video. He held the crosshair still very often, maybe he's an unexperienced player, but also the clips were very short, so most times you saw him shoot at an enemy and then hold the crosshair still to watch the enemy go down.
There was just not enough going on to wave the wiimote around as much as he did in the arcade mode where the perspective is always moving and enemies shooting from everywhere.

You will, how ever, control the game via the Wiimote, not with an analog stick. You point and shoot, easy as it. So if you want, you can move the crosshair as much and as freely as in the arcade mode.

well thanks for confirming Secumfex and yes, i meant the crosshair just could not remember the term!!

I'm really looking forward to this game, and knowing the controls are customisable is such a massive plus.

Oh and no, never played any of the metroids. I may pick it up, if I manage to complete Resident Evil before MOH is out (i get around an hour a week on my wii at the moment due to work :()

I think you are a wii bit crazy cause that video didn't even sit still long enough for you to see how steady of aim they had. I would have to say the video shows no evidence of any control. But guess what, I bet you $100,000,000 that the reticle is controlled by the IR...

NS_Tr4mpld said:
I think you are a wii bit crazy cause that video didn't even sit still long enough for you to see how steady of aim they had. I would have to say the video shows no evidence of any control. But guess what, I bet you $100,000,000 that the reticle is controlled by the IR...

wii bit crazy? seriously you cant notice any difference?
The footage is easily long enough to see the difference between a steady and eratic reticle.

cheers wii-fi, I'm convinced :) The top video n that link, when the person is using the sniper rifle, it says on the screen "point the wii mote at the television" so that confirms it for me :)
Thanks all for the reassurance!

::edit::
Just watched this video (Developer Commentary: Game Modes) on IGN, and it confirms zapper funtionality, but also occured to me that the wii zapper will be steady due to the way you hold it, will keep it firm and steady, as apposed to wii play which you just hold the wii mote.

Last edited:
Wii-Fi said:
yes but you fire left handed, the wiimote is in front so it's pretty awkward.
I am left handed anyway. Or is that what you mean

Back