Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 IGN Review (Impressive)

That is pretty nice. The online section of this game is going to be absolutely brilliant. :)
Anyway, thanks for the update.

A bit dissapointing
Gives it overall 8.4 after stating
"
The launch games released, however, and we quickly saw that Nintendo's Wii would have its work cut out for it in the control refinement category. Metroid Prime 3: Corruption then raised the bar, and now Medal of Honor Heroes 2 -- a seemingly unimpressive "Wii-make" title brought over from PSP as a pocket developer's premiere console effort - again pushes the genre to its limits, as EA's latest WWII FPS has easily become the most responsive and customizable FPS experience on Wii.
"
furthermore
"
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 isn't a perfect game; far from it.
"
...and only 6/7 h of gameplay in offline mode
hmmm

Last edited:
yea i don't see how they said that the controls were beter than MP3, but it only got a 8.4....

Man that controls and that 32 player online game mode, are making me doubt between this and BWii... What do you think?

(BTW 8.4 is actually a great score, note that BWii had 8.0)

hmm this is really weird... if u think about it..

i think the reason why it's just 8.4 is because of the lack of offline gameplay.

Another reason might be that it existed in PSP before therefore lacks originality.

lol plus the headset.

phillepino said:
hmm this is really weird... if u think about it..

i think the reason why it's just 8.4 is because of the lack of offline gameplay.

Another reason might be that it existed in PSP before therefore lacks originality.

lol plus the headset.
I wouldnt think that the offline gameplay would have knocked the score down too much as its pretty much the same or longer than the likes of COD4 or Halo3 in terms of campaign. Plus it has the arcade mode on top of the campaign.

It probably did lose a couple of points for being a WWII shooter and having no voice chat though. I didnt expect it to score higher than MP3 as that is more of an adventure, where as MOH:H2 is more straight out FPS fare.

8.4 is still a very good score and they say it has the best FPS controls on any console, even beating the massively hyped COD4. Its certainly very promising for a first effort and sets the bar very high for future FPS' on Wii.

Wii-Fi said:
thought it would get a higher score

It's definitely the best FPS so far, but we all hope that it gets better. IGN always has an eye on being able to score up for titles that can improve on what we have.

yea i don't see how they said that the controls were beter than MP3, but it only got a 8.4....

MP3 was more than controls. Story, genre, environment, history, intrigue, puzzles, 10-12 more hours of campaign, etc. MOHH2 only beats it in two places, controls and online features. It really doesn't deserve to score higher, even though it's an awesome effort by a super small team making their debut on the console (well, actually it's their debut on any console since they are a portable team).

I'm not in the slightest disappointed. I knew the campaign would be short and the game wouldn't be perfect (how could it be so long as Nintendo keeps withholding voice chat from deserving games?).
IGN said:
With the option of playing deathmatch, team deathmatch, and capture the flag, players will have a decent list of options to work with, resulting in easily the best pure online gameplay on the system thus far. Simply log on to EA Nation, create an account (used instead of friend codes), find a lobby, and start playing. At any time you can initiate a vote to kick players or change the map, as well as outfit your soldier with different weaponry or change control style, making the experience extremely seamless for Wii's first online FPS. Since EA Nation also supports friend lists and quick-chat commands, MOH also allows for these options, so when logging on you'll instantly be able to tell which friends are playing where.

Someone in an earlier thread asked about how you would organize games with friends. There's the answer.

Man, if that guys could make a port of CoD4 with same controls and online options than this game... I don´t mind the graphics... It would be superb!

Gamespot came pretty close to ign in ratings for mario galaxy.

IGN 97%
gamespot 95%

but yeah ever since they annoucne 32 player online iv been wanting this game

I'm glad. I'm gonna order galaxy today but I'll buy this game eventually. The last MOH on the wii wasn't that great I'm glad it turned out well.

*goes to watch galaxy video review*

EDIT: 6 hours long! WTF!!

I'll think about it. . . .

Last edited:
People that are saying this is a low score for this game...
COME ON! This is a lot higher than I expected. You guys have to take the whole game into scope.

This is a side step from the Medal of Honor Heroes. It has awesome online and controls, but it's not like the graphics are amazing, although they are at 60 FPS. The single player is not exactly epic with only, I think 8, missions.

This is a very good score for this type of gaming. Especially considering Medal of Honor Airborne received an 8.0 from IGN.

And IGN rates each game seperately, to whoever asked that.

Gamespot will give it a 7.5, I'm predicting, because the multiplayer is short.

Why it got a 8.4 and not a 9.0 or higher:

- The graphics are sharp but not spectacular
- It's the same WWII we've seen a lot before
- They have some things they can improve upon

An 8.4 is a great score. The previous MOH game on Wii got a 7.5, so this one climbed 0.9 points. There are a few things that could be improved upon when making the next one. For a game to get 9.0 or higher it really has to be spectacular and I don't think this game will fit that bill. However, it looks to be a great FPS experience. The control customization should upon up a whole new world for FPS on Wii.

8.4 is really good score.

Notice how in this game the arcade mode is a Rail game, yet Res. Evil Umbrella Chro. is all Rail. That really makes me mad.

Anyways, I cannot wait for this game.

Does it have splitscreen? If it doesn't I might wait before I buy it.

Back