Medal of Honor Vanguard: Another FPS Disappointment

Don't be disappointed, this review is bullshit.

All I'm saying is that I own this game and I like it more than Call of Duty 3. Its fun to play, there's creative control ideas that work great, and theres multiplayer.

I had to read the review just to see what their complaints were and I felt like they didn't even play the game. The whole hit detection paragraph is bullshit. He says it usually takes 3 shots to register:eek:ut: The hit detection is the same as Call of Duty 3, near perfect. And he goes on and on about how theres too many WWII games so why buy this one, well the truth is theres only 2 for Wii. This review is just inaccurate, I suggest reading the IGN review. Its picky and critical but at least its accurate.

miiplaywii said:
Don't be disappointed, this review is bullshit.

All I'm saying is that I own this game and I like it more than Call of Duty 3. Its fun to play, there's creative control ideas that work great, and theres multiplayer.

I had to read the review just to see what their complaints were and I felt like they didn't even play the game. The whole hit detection paragraph is bullshit. He says it usually takes 3 shots to register:eek:ut: The hit detection is the same as Call of Duty 3, near perfect. And he goes on and on about how theres too many WWII games so why buy this one, well the truth is theres only 2 for Wii. This review is just inaccurate, I suggest reading the IGN review. Its picky and critical but at least its accurate.

Thanks, I will definitely read a few more raviews before making up my mind

OK, I've now read a few reviews and all things considerd I think I will be skipping this one. The framerate and graphical issues are something which bothered me a lot in Red Steel and had a detrimental affect on the gameplay. I think in the FPS genre particularly, it's important to have a consistent framerate and the ability to be able to make out enemies far away because you need to reacte to situations so quickly. I am now even more uncovninced the the FPS genre is right for the Wii platform. However, I'm still hoping that Metroid Prime will change this. :)

FPS games were so popular on last generation systems, so why can't it work on the Wii? They were great on the Xbox, there were some great games on the PS2 and Gamecube (Timesplitters, Metroid Prime e.t.c.). The Wii is perfect for the FPS genre, it's just up to the developers to put more work into their games. Nobody has seen what the Wii is capable of, and until developers stop making quick cash-ins, we won't. Let's hope that Metroid Prime raises the standard for FPS games :)

basically, the game is just too short and the multiplayer is once again disappointing. it's worth a rent without a doubt, but nothing more.

I seen on gamestop.com customer reviews were kinda mixed Some people thought it was awesome and others thought the game was to short lack of any depth into multiplayer, and also the controls were bad. I kinda tend to read customer reviews than the game sites. I am sure its worth at least a rental

I do get annoyed went reviews talk about controls being rubbish, like redsteel i never had one problem, it's all down to if you can adapt to the controls.

gamespot is not good, use IGN at least their a corporation rather then some game gallary run by kids. I personally think FPS are all togather a very poor gener of gaming. With the excepting of metroid games, and Call of duty games. They're all crap. MOH:V was pretty good from what I have heard.

duberryboy1 said:
I do get annoyed went reviews talk about controls being rubbish, like redsteel i never had one problem, it's all down to if you can adapt to the controls.

yup yup yup. Learning curve for games like SSX blur and red steel are steep and need some time to ajust. If you can't do that i gusse you can go button mash on the banana controller.

1. Gamestop is ANTIWII. Dont even bother looking at them for reviews.

2. All the FPS so far (except Redsteel) are ported or rushed. Of course they arent good.

We need to get a few publishers to take some time on a fps, and in 2008 get some to go online. Mp3 and Rs2 should be good fps.

I've played through half the game, and I like it so far. The visual is good but I'll be dissappointed if future games don't improve. I don't have too much of a problem with the controls, but I did have to adjust them a couple of times. The game has not been challenging at all yet and I've completed two of four Missions in a short amount of time. I have a feeling the second two missions are going to be at least a little bit longer. So far I'd say that I like it more than CoD 3.

Back