Members:Online Ratio

Star Striker

Definately something.
May 30, 2007
Newry, Co. Down
For all the members registered on this site, there is never that many online at one time and there are a limited number of regular posters.

Anyone else find this strange?

EDIT: I meant to post this in Site Feedback so if someone can move it that would be great, thanks.

Some people sign up just to ask a question then never come back =/

It's rather annoying..

And there's people from all over the world on here, so everyones on at different times

If I remember right, was there not more members reguarly online around December/Janurary?

P.S. Nice lyric quote in your sig Rach! ;) Bad Day - R.E.M.

yeah, the times this is what gets me....

and the questions..pisses me off too..

but you should talk about the members to guests ratio.... THAT's just crazy. I hate it. We just got to 100 members online at once... Guests never falls below 250, and that's AFTER removing pokemon from google searches.

Not remotely strange. Most members leave after one or two posts, if they ever post at all. I would presume there's no more than about 50 current regular members, and of course, it's unlikely they will all be online simultaneously.

@ napalm..not that low. there's still a not of newbies that you haven't committed to memory yet.

I'd say closer to 300 regular members or so.

surfinrach90 said:
Some people sign up just to ask a question then never come back =/

It's rather annoying..

And there's people from all over the world on here, so everyones on at different times
thats forum life. you get 5 types of posters
1. the one timmers, ask a question and go..
2. the spammers. basically who just make posts on nothing, and lead the topic astray.
3.The high post count up there ass type. thinking they are better than you and know more than you because there post count is 5 times bigger (oh and they have more rep!)
4. The people who actually know what they are talking about and only really post when they have something usefull to say (or are board and feal like doing something crazy)
5. The old timers, people who again know whay they are talking about, and look after the board, keeping people in place (aka not saying 'USE THE SEARCH', but more 'use the search in future and here is a link to your answer')

unfotunaly this board has to many of 2 and 3... possibly because of the target audience and first time forum users. but there are a fair few 5's around the place which keep things running well :)

yay, i'm number 3...although I can back it up with knowledge... maybe I can be fiveish sometimes.....when I'm in the mood

and this post right here proves I'm not one. haha....ah well.

I miss the old days where religion threads were the lounge bread and butter....not so many games...

Which would you call yourself? :)

Last edited:
Its not that weird, people sign up so they can see all the threads, then don't come back/ lurk and don't post. I've done that on too many forums to remember them all mind -___-.

zOMG double account, B& pls.

etc.

You're right there Gaz..

I guess I'm like number 4 really.. I don't know much when it comes to all the high tech in depth gaming stuff but when I always back my stuff up with facts and if I'm not 100% about something, I simply don't post it.

As for number 5 if I can be bothered I'll help people out and show them in the right direction etc.. but there's so many people who just join to ask one question I usually don't bother anymore

Back