memory cards

Well, when I had a GCN (I still don't have a Wii by the way) I bought a 16mb memory card and that held all the games that I ever bought. But with the virtual console games being down loadable, and other things I would say a 1gb or maybe 2gb card. But that's just what I am probably going to do.

If you aren't planning on getting any VC games, then I'm pretty sure the system's 512MB is going to be plenty.

Though if you'll be an avid VC'er, I'm sure shelling out 20 bucks for a 512 MB or 1 Gig won't hurt.

sorry for hijacking this thread, but now i'm wondering... how much onboard memory is there on the wii? and on each wiimote?

Each Wii has a 512mb internal memory

From what I understand the wiimotes just have enough to put a few Miis on, possibly a game save but I have only ever heard of a mii on it.

Then for the original board poster,

Go with a 1gb if you are ging to buy one, jsut because they ar available for about $15 on sale near the holidays and get as low as $10.

Last edited:
The wii-mote has 8kb of space, which is almost nothing, I'm surprised a mii can fit on it, I doubt game saves can fit on it.

Well on computers for example save files are not very big at all, they are usually 2-5 MB I believe, sometimes even smaller. I would say 1GB is decent.

However, some brands of SD seems to work and some don't. No I'm not saying you need Nintendo labeled SD (although you're guaranteed it will work) any will do. Just read around for reviews. If anyone here has an SD card that actually works, tell us what brand you have.

Chunk said:
Each Wii has a 512mb internal memory

From what I understand the wiimotes just have enough to put a few Miis on, possibly a game save but I have only ever heard of a mii on it.

Then for the original board poster,

Go with a 1gb if you are ging to buy one, jsut because they ar available for about $15 on sale near the holidays and get as low as $10.

i havent seen a 1gb that cheap. what places are selling them for 15 bucks?

First post! I made an account just to say this:

My 256mb flash drive can hold 3 n64 games and maybe 10 snes games and I still have maybe 80mb left (the flash drive also has all my school stuff on it, plus the emulators.) Fyi: Both the n64 zelda games were about 32-ish meg and conker's bad fur day is up around 64. All the snes games are under 5.

Don't come and get on my case about emulation, I just want to point out how little memory games take. Unless you plan on spending more than 200 bucks on vc games, I wouldn't bother with a big mem card, just get one big enough to hold save files to take to a friend's house.

Unless you plan on getting a lot of virtual console cames, don't bother. The built in 512 is more than enough

iamthesharkk said:
i havent seen a 1gb that cheap. what places are selling them for 15 bucks?

Newegg.com Sells em for 15 bucks. That site is godly, its where I get all my computer parts from, they also have Wii Games there too.

I should mention its USA only too.

1GB is plenty, though the N64 VC games take up quite a bit of space (if you plan on getting a lot) but you shouldnt need anymore than 2GB

PS They were that cheap on Black Friday

shoot guys.

2 gigs is like 40 bucks. hella cheap and youll NEVER have to worry about no space haha.

anddd you can use wii video 9 to get videos on your wii. ahhaha

im gettin 3 2 gigs this friday. hahaha. i have ltos of movies on my comp soooo might as well use them for my wii :)

Back