Memory Stick Pro Duo -> SD card adapter?

cannon said:
Yeh SD cards are cheap as these days just buy one, i have a spare 1 gig one sitting right next to me
haha post it over then :) sorry just used the search before i posted a completely new thread and pissed everyone off just as much:mad2: ,dont really check the dates of the threads :blush2:

SD cards aren't TOTALLY cheap. the lower capacity ones are, 128MB are like $15 USD, but if you want a 1.0 to 2.0 GB or higher it's still at least $50-60 USD and up.

There are places with discounts though, like www.newegg.com they have awesome deals on SD cards.

Samster said:
SD cards ARE cheap - I picked up a 2GB one online the other day for £8.99 including postage.

Where at? I need to shop where ever it is you're going, because around here I haven't seen any cheap SD cards. I go to Target, Bestbuy, Meijer, Walmart, EBGames, Kmart...all kinds of places. Whenever I'm out I only see expensive ones.

yea, you never know what you're getting when you go ebay. like, once i bought a rather valuable comic book from there. and i got it fine no problems, just what i ordered. then a few months later, i ordered a rare dvd i wanted.....NEVER got it.

you take a gamble when you go on ebay, i never trust it now. I just go to amazon. I've ordered TONS of things from amazon, and have never been burned once.

I got two 1GB micro SD card for my cell phone at Frye's Electronics for $35 and they both came with adapters. I added a bunch of music to it and popped it in the Wii while playing Excite truck and had sweet music to listen to.

Last edited:
also keep an eye for seasonal sales. after thanksgiving, before xmas, and especially after xmas you can get lots of electronic/computer stuff dirt cheap. this past post-xmas season i got a 2GB SD card from OfficeMax for $24. That was this past year. With larger capacity SD cards coming out the deals this coming year will be same if not better. But then again, as everyone's mentioned, there are just as great deals available online year round.

Darth_Zant said:
yea, you never know what you're getting when you go ebay. like, once i bought a rather valuable comic book from there. and i got it fine no problems, just what i ordered. then a few months later, i ordered a rare dvd i wanted.....NEVER got it.

you take a gamble when you go on ebay, i never trust it now. I just go to amazon. I've ordered TONS of things from amazon, and have never been burned once.

yup i only trust amazon now, i heard about some people a while back buying an "Xbox box" the only thing they ever got was the console box although they paid the full price for the console...but i guess that was just their stupidity....but i still don't trust ebay...

Almo said:
ive found these adapters for the duo,there made to adapt the duo to a standard memory stick,anyone know if this will work?
27340266_full.jpg

That memory stick adapter will not work... I have the same one and it won't even fit in the sd slot. Your better off just buying a new sd card that is 100% compatible with the Nintendo Wii.

Back