memory

the wii will save HIS... games on its own memory. There is 512 internal Flash memory so that should be enough to save a few wii games, and download ALOT of snes and nes games. N64 games however are about 20 mb each, so that 512 wont last very long if you decide to go that route. They are offering memory cards with many different amounts, which i have always disliked... memory cards are another pain that really doesnt need to be there... thats why i liked the xbox. CAN NINTENDO EVER CORRECT THE ERRORS OF THEIR WAYS?!?!!111

nah, probably not becaus ethey are greedy bastards

woow didn't know u liked xbox more than wii!
jaja but i haven't really reth anywhere that there will be any memory card or something but the memory isn't enough so there will have to be some mem.. memo.. ah.. memory.. carhaha rdszz..:( well well i'l survive! but what are the SD cards for?

nintendowiigaming.piczo said:
woow didn't know u liked xbox more than wii!
jaja but i haven't really reth anywhere that there will be any memory card or something but the memory isn't enough so there will have to be some mem.. memo.. ah.. memory.. carhaha rdszz..:( well well i'l survive! but what are the SD cards for?

i liked the original xbox better than the gamecube ... not the wii.

and you can also use flash memory that goes into the wii's usb ports, so maybe you can also put save files, etc. on your computer

what wii needs is a hard drive since old games will be downloadable and a rechargable controller so there is no need to be spending money on batteries

Im pretty sure the controller will be rechargable. And its true that it need a lot of space since we can download Games, patches, profiles, etc. 512 flash aint enought...

!panic said:
Im pretty sure the controller will be rechargable. And its true that it need a lot of space since we can download Games, patches, profiles, etc. 512 flash aint enought...

agreed.

There are rechargable AA batteries you know. Also you can hook up a external hard drive to the usb port

I actually prefer external memory. It is nice to have storage inside, but I feel it is only really important for system files and game files. And obviously 512 will be enough to save games. For me, 32 is enough! I just feel that if I download games or something, I would want them external so that I can organize my drives and if the internal memory was for some reason deleted, it would be nice to have that external memory!

Doesn't the Wii have an SD slot? Also speculations that the Wii will accept more flash memory mediums.

I believe SD flash cards go up to about the 4-8G range now and not too expensive too.

Then again, an external 80G 7200 RPM 2.5" hard drive via USB or eSATA (blazin' fast, might be possible?) would be nice for storage of photos, music, videos, etc.

Ive seen 4 gig SD cards for under 80 bucks. Never seen anything bigger. However, the wii also has usb 2.0 ports that would work for connecting a multi-reader or a usb flash drive.

i like the fact you can use usb flash drives as storgae for your games because i can put them on my pc (i have at least 200 gig space)

I know the Wii will use SD cards, but do you think you'll be able to use GC memory cards too? Because I have 2 unused 59 memory cards and quite a bit of unused space on my two 151 memory cards. Heck, if I delete all my unused game data I'll have even more space!

I know GC memory cards may possibly be too big for Wii games, but surely you'll be able to squeeze a few VC games on there- even if they're only NES ones.

Back