Mercury Meltdown

Kamikaze

Certified Public Asshole
Nov 15, 2006
Chicago, IL
Wii Online Code
1130-2954-1680-3052
Credit: IGN.com

December 13, 2006 - Publisher Ignition Entertainment today revealed to IGN Wii that it is planning to bring a version of its popular puzzle series Mercury Meltdown to Nintendo's new generation console next spring. The game, fittingly dubbed Mercury Meltdown Revolution, will make use the Wii remote for enhanced tilt functionality, and it will likewise boast updated graphics.

"We are thrilled to bring Mercury Meltdown to this ground-breaking game console that truly reinvents the gaming experience," said Paul Robinson, president of Ignition Entertainment. "The Wii Remote is a true compliment to the Mercury series as the original game design was intended for a tilt controller. Now gamers can fully interact with the Mercury blob, navigating through the labs with precision and unprecedented speed."

mercury-meltdown-revolution-20061213040547493-000.jpg

In Mercury Meltdown Revolution, players guide a mercury blob around futuristic environments complete with moving machinery, test tubes, trap switches, spikes, rotating walkways, dangerous ledges, and other obstacles, in order to reach an end-level goal. The Wii build of the title is set to feature more than 150 levels, hidden labs, updated "state of the art blog physics," and a variety of bonuses. The game is being created by Ignition Banbury out of Europe.

We've posted the first-ever Wii screenshots in our media section below. Check 'em out

mercury-meltdown-revolution-20061213040537775.jpg

mercury-meltdown-revolution-20061213040538900.jpg

Damnit, I was just going to post this, you beat me too it!

It looks great, I love these type of games that are labyrinth style like.

so wait, is this suppose to be another friggin port?

Last edited:
Does anyone know what that rolling ball maze game was for the NES. I wan't to get the ROM because I played it a lot as a kid but I can't remember what it was called. Basically the same thing as this game, only it was a ball not a blob of mercury.

I remember a game for Gameboy that had a ball as well. It was pretty cool, but I was a retard or something and could never beat any of it.

the_peripheral said:
I remember a game for Gameboy that had a ball as well. It was pretty cool, but I was a retard or something and could never beat any of it.

We need more of those games that make us feel like retards, ones that are so hard that even if we win, we're still retarded.

xbandaidx said:
We need more of those games that make us feel like retards, ones that are so hard that even if we win, we're still retarded.

I think Happy Feet is the game that can accomplish this.

xbandaidx said:
Thats actually a cool game, but it seems easier to play when your using a trackpad.

Happy Feet?? Damn i'm gonna go buy that one right now.

Yes, Happy Feet. The greatest game ever made. There is only one difficulty level in the game and it's called "Impossible".

xbandaidx said:
Thats actually a cool game, but it seems easier to play when your using a trackpad.

Happy Feet?? Damn i'm gonna go buy that one right now.

Happy Feet is a dumbed down Elite Beat Agents, and I'm a mediocre player on Elite Beat Agents.

vagrant said:
btw I found out the game I was thinking of.

Marble madness. And ya they had the whole collection on gameboy.

Hell YEAH! That game gave me good feelings in my bathing suit region.

the_peripheral said:
Yes, Happy Feet. The greatest game ever made. There is only one difficulty level in the game and it's called "Impossible".

On a more serious note, we need more games out there are are challenging like take TP and times it by 20.

Back