messenger for wii?

Lai Strike

WiiChat Member
Jun 27, 2007
Columbus, GA
Wii Online Code
1571-8317-7855-7908
I hope there will be a Wii update or a WiiWare item that is a Messenger of some sort. Like the 360 has MSN messenger. Wii needs one too before PS3 beat it. i hate ps3....

It has already been confirmed that Nintendo are bringing out a Wii Messenger or Wii Chat channel as well as a Wii Marketplace where you will be able to download demo's and video's

joe_duffy said:
It has already been confirmed that Nintendo are bringing out a Wii Messenger or Wii Chat channel as well as a Wii Marketplace where you will be able to download demo's and video's

No, an IM type channel/feature has not been confirmed.

confusing? haha.
But yeah, when the 360 debuts the qwerty keypad attachment for the controller, there will be some competition. Wii needs to get an IM channel and a keypad attachment or atleast a Wii compatible USB keyboard

Lai Strike said:
I hope there will be a Wii update or a WiiWare item that is a Messenger of some sort. Like the 360 has MSN messenger. Wii needs one too before PS3 beat it. i hate ps3....

i wasnt aware that there was a race, especially for messengers.

Werent people complaining that the ps3's extra features were pointless because most had a computer already. All i can say is the air is thick with hypocrisy.

Add: btw, I highly doubt there will be one to the level you are thinking. Too much can go wrong, such as grown men hitting on little kids. If the wii is a kid friendly system, adding a function for child preditors to have a field trip is not a good idea.

Last edited:
Are you calling me a hypocrite? Not in a bad tone btw.
But I never said anything about that.
I just think Wii would be improving if it got itself a messenger.

Oh and L.J, I added you wii code. Please add me :)

Lai Strike said:
Are you calling me a hypocrite? Not in a bad tone btw.
But I never said anything about that.
I just think Wii would be improving if it got itself a messenger.

Oh and L.J, I added you wii code. Please add me :)

I am saying its thick in the air. "Wii needs one too before PS3 beat it. i hate ps3...." says that you feel there is some race for a feature that has nothing to do with gameplay, and as such many find excuses to hate the PS3 for its multifunctionality, which is ironic when they still want it for another system.

Again, adding IM software is too much of a liability for Nintendo, the last thing they want to do is get sued or ruin the kid safe/focused image that they love.

Well I certainly don't think it is a race. As I said before, I think that the Wii could be improving if they made an IM WiiWare or such. How could they get sued if they made the IM channel like the Wii Online Code Friend System?
It takes a lot of work to just be allowed to send someone a message. If they made the IM thing like that, it would certainly hold the child-safe reliabililty up.

Lai Strike said:
Well I certainly don't think it is a race. As I said before, I think that the Wii could be improving if they made an IM WiiWare or such. How could they get sued if they made the IM channel like the Wii Online Code Friend System?

you said "Wii needs one too before PS3 beat it." which says you think its a race. Did you want to rephrase your statement?

ok put it this way. Say theres little Sally who comes onto wiichat.com all of a sudden someone wants to be her friend here. Shes like "cool friends". It gets taken to the Istant Messenger on the Wii, and before you know it some 40 year old fat guy is asking the little girl sexual questions and the like, or where to meet him, they can even lie about their age.

So what happens WHEN this does happen? Two things. Media Frenzy, parents get scared to let their children use the Wii. The other is someone suing nintendo for offering that option.

Case closed and shut. Its not worth it for nintendo for that small feature.

I don't see the point, it's much more convenient and efficient to use your computer's messenger.

My computer works just fine. I can't imagine trying to IM with someone using the current on-screen Wii Keyboard.

joe_duffy said:

Really! and who confirmed this, you? Please do some research before you give stupid answers. Nintendo most likely will not introduce such a useless feature.

well, responding to the 40 year old fat guy comment, thats why nintendo added parental controls to the system in addition to the friend code system. which is equivalent to a phone number since you should only allow these numbers to be given to people you trust. so yeah, any lawsuit of this kind would be sorta pointless since nintendo would probably say exactly what i just said.

Back