Metal Gear Solid 4 New Trailer

I always felt it was kinda dumb that you can alert guards and after a few mins they suddenly stop looking for you? And they don't lock the place down. - But fun vs realism, I would go with fun. Splinter Cell could be pretty unforgiving.

The latest SC game is taking totally different route to the last ones. You are kinda on the run Jason Bourne style, with no help/gadgets- wonder how it will play...

They are taking a MGS4 route with the 'No place to hide' thing. If people dont like it they will go back to shadows. Its not like its a bad game, i just couldnt kill anyone for crap. I was used to MGS, you know, head shots being lethal. The multiplayer in SC double agent i think, didnt like it. Hack computers, yay.

Wasnt that fun just killing guards and waiting for the reinforcments with riot shields and things.

Ok, its not 'new' per say, but it is a remix of the old one. Lets hope for christmas 2007!

Last edited:
BrandonMcAuslan said:
Gears is the best shooter I've played in a long time. Active reload and cover system in my opinion redefines what a shooter should be. Realistic - not running into a room strafing in circles, jumping and gunning your target down...

lol so no counter-strike for ya then? whats "active reload" ive never played gears?

gears of war was alright, it was definately cinematic but the texture streaming and other such eye candy left the game way too short. I like to pay for games that have a long lifespan, and gears of war doesnt have that in my opinion. They did a good job using the unreal engine though but the cost of that nice look was less game.

sons of liberty was a good game, the bosses I would say went a little to far, but the game is fairly long and keeps you guessing with characters and crap.

JeremyGTS said:
lol so no counter-strike for ya then? whats "active reload" ive never played gears?

Don't get me wrong I love Halo/Quake/Counter-strike. :wink: Just I've been craving an actual action based tactical shooter for so long. Playing through on "insane" co-op is amazing. Its so hard that you really do depend on each other to use tactical/suppressing fire. Fun as hell. :yesnod:

(Someone else could prob explain this better, but... )
The Active reload is thus;
You press RB to reload.
A grey bar with a white box in the middle appears in the top right of your screen.
A line starts making its way across this bar - and if you press the RB button whilst the line is in the white box, you reload faster (and your wepon is slightly more powerful).

When you get the timing down you don't need to look to reload quicker...

You can opt to not active reload and just wait the extra few secs for the character to do it automatically - but it really helps in a firefight to reload quick.
Also if you mess it up the magazine jams and it takes a few seconds more than usual even to get reloaded.

As for the length of Gears I'd say it was pretty damn good for myself. I don't like really long shooters (Just too busy to play them all the way through in any sort of reasonable time.) There is a massive difference between casual/hardcore and insane though. Insane takes a seriously long time to get through. Also the online multiplayer extends the life somewhat.

Metal Gear Solid series... my favourite game series :) (excluding Donkey Kong Country :cool: both my faves) I'm sad enough to consider getting a PS3 when they're going off cheap, just for this game.

Shiftfallout said:
gears of war was alright, it was definately cinematic but the texture streaming and other such eye candy left the game way too short. I like to pay for games that have a long lifespan, and gears of war doesnt have that in my opinion. They did a good job using the unreal engine though but the cost of that nice look was less game.
i estimated and i came to the conclusion ive played gears for 150+ hours. o.o

It took you 150+ hours to beat Gears of War?

Its still a short game. I put 150+ hours in Super Mario Bros. 3 but that doesnt make it a long game. Xenosaga, thats a long game.

Back