The XBOX 360 Guy
Jul 18, 2007
Scotland
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
according to user reviews

metroid series is better than halo

but critics say its not

according to an average of all official critic reviews.

halo 1 has 97%
halo 2 has 95%
halo 3 has 94%

Metroid P 1 has 97%
Metroid P 2 has 92%
Metroid P 3 has 90%

But according to User Reviews

halo 1 has 82%
halo 2 has 79%
halo 3 has 78%

MP 1 has 86%
MP 2 has 88%
MP 3 has 93%

so as u can see average user reviews say that all metroid Prime games are better than all Halo games

but not according to critics so who do we trust

info from www.metacritics.com

its an average from loads of magazines for critics so its pretty dam accurate.
and its an average of tonnes of users, so its also accurate.

so what do we think, i have to agree with the users on this one

I'm going with the critics. I can't see MP being more popular than H3 considering the online ability halo offers. Along with the other various game modes etc.

Well any game that has a 6 hour story mode fails to me. . .

but it sucks metroid has never had (console) online. . . could be awesome.

I don't think you can really inarguably say which is better overall because they focus on different things, single player and online.

idk i was plannig on getting mp3 but it seemed boring rite after i found out there was no multiplayer halo 3 looks very cool

i don't really understand what makes halo so special........

it's graphics are not sooooo great........lol....they are better than wii (metroid) but not in a dramatic way... just a bit better....

but if halo3 has online play things change.......

(i never had xbox360 or xbox so i don't know much about it)
just that it increased xbox360 sales for a period of time

Personally, I trust users more than critics. Not just in this instance, but overall. I've been known for my lack of love for Halo, so I don't think I really need to comment further on that score.

Oh, and I don't think Metroid would really work all that well online.

Online FPS usually have a range of weapon types, explosives, sniper rifles, pistols, automatics, heck sometimes even rail-guns. Metroid doesn't have those. Metroid doesn't need those. Samus' weapons are always more specific than that, but they're usually all very similar (firing speed, non-reloading, difference only in susceptability of enemies etc)... It's like playing a FPS where everyone has the same weapon, infinite ammo and such. Personally, I wouldn't want the Metroid franchise ruined in that way.

critics are professionals at reviewing games. half of the user reviews youll read are bias or have no idea how to rate the material in the game or compare it to whats been offered in the past.
if you give mp3 and halo3 to a nintendo fan then he probably already knows what he likes better or vice versa. but a critic will review the content and if when he does come up with a conclusion on which is better, he will have reasons.

Its hard to say.
Both are very different and both do wonders for their respective company's.

Halo has online, Metroid does not.
But thats not a big deal, because Metroid online would not work, it just wouldn't.

I would have to go with user reviews though, because although you may have fans playing the games they like and giving them a biased review, you still get a variety of things, and you end up getting some honest reviews.

Despite the series having good games before, the last one may have not been up to "fans" standards. So they are going to throw the hammer down and a deliver a fair verdict I would say. Fans are going to be outraged if their finale game in the series doesn't deliver.

Thats how I see it anyways.

althought some magazines and critics iv read are very biased/

i read on that down graded the wii because its gimmicky and every game rated for the wii by them is lower than 80%

while official nintendo magazine
as never given a nintendo made game lower than 80% even if they are crap.

while xbox magazine over rate their games

also some magazines rate games down for no reason.

like official nintendo magazine has never given out a sinlg e100%

while some magazines hand out a 100% as if it were going out of fashion,

i dont trust a single user review.

but seen as this site is an average of all peoples votes thats what i trust.

same with critics i dont ususlla trust one single critic but this site give and average of around 30-90 different critics so i can trust it more

Sovieto said:
critics are professionals at reviewing games.
As professional a "games reviewer" can be. Let's not forget Ludwig's (Joystiq) analysis of Twilight Princess: "It's just different shades of green and brown" and "You have to actually click on the signpost to read it"...

half of the user reviews youll read are bias or have no idea how to rate the material in the game or compare it to whats been offered in the past.
Usually, the better games are all down to personal opinion anyway. However, when there's a glaring, deal-breaking fault with a game, you can bet your ass that the users will pick up on it and emphasise on it only if needed to. Reviewers are more likely to pick up on stuff and emphasise it more than it needs to be (for example, what they find major annoyances may be just inconvenient to others). It's also because user reviews are based on the average, whereas the "professionals" get to allow their own personal feelings to cloud their judgement.

if you give mp3 and halo3 to a nintendo fan then he probably already knows what he likes better or vice versa. but a critic will review the content and if when he does come up with a conclusion on which is better, he will have reasons.
True, but then so will mature users.

Last edited:
Syntax said:
I'm going with the critics. I can't see MP being more popular than H3 considering the online ability halo offers. Along with the other various game modes etc.

that's exactly it. Halo's main game is worse than metroids. the only thing that makes halo last is the multiplayer.

well i think metrid is better then halo..yes and no

if we're talking 1 player then metroid for sure

multiplayer, then halo for sure

Back