Metroid Glitch

priggc

WiiChat Member
Jan 29, 2008
So I'm pretty far into Metroid Prime 3 and I got to the part where you drill the wall on both sides. One side gives you a missile expansion, the other takes you to a mine shaft. You have to turn into a ball and do your turbo spin to get the elevator to drop down.

Well, I had played this part once, so after doing one turbo spin, the elevator partially dropped and I suddenly thought I should save the game before going down there - I died last time. So I saved it and came back. Only, now I couldn't drop the elevator. I did the other turbo spin and nothing. I tried leaving, reloading, everything. The elevator is just stuck. I scan the two slots where I'm supposed to turbo spin and it says they've both been used.

Do I need to start the game over? This is insane. I can't go down the lift.

yeah dude, whats up. I own Metroid too. I have gotten past this part but cant remember what was down there?

...after doing one turbo spin, the elevator partially dropped and I suddenly thought I should save the game before going down there - I died last time. So I saved it and came back. Only, now I couldn't drop the elevator. I did the other turbo spin and nothing. I tried leaving, reloading, everything. The elevator is just stuck. I scan the two slots where I'm supposed to turbo spin and it says they've both been used.

I did the same thing my first time through back when it first came out and since my back up save was extremely far back (24% vs my current 64%) I haven't played the game since. Now that the Conduit is about to come out I decided to go back and play some FPS style games and got to thinking about MP3 again. I'm trying to track down a save file about where I'm at now, but it's getting kinda hard because I did a lot of doubling back to find missiles and energy tanks and whatnot, so my 64% puts me further than along than I actually am. I'm guessing this glitch isn't too common as this is the first I've heard someone else with the same problem. If only there was a way to fix it without losing my progress.

when i battled the famus bird boss in the big dome thing
he got stuck in the wall and kept jerking realy fast it was realy anoying he was almost dead

Back