Metroid lag problem?

sdlac

WiiChat Member
Nov 5, 2007
Hey I wanted to know if other people are having lag when they run up to doors in Metroid. Sometimes it takes up to 15 seconds after i shoot the shield off and run up to a door to load the area. Should they ALL be loading instantly or very quickly or is this normal? 0_0

Metroid Prime games has those slow-loading doors. What Retro does is to load a room just before you enter it. Shooting the door alerts the game so that it loads the next room for you to enter. It's supposed to cover up loading times without the need of loading screens but the lag is noticeable.

I thought the lag was actually a bit worse in Metroid Prime 3 than in the previous 2 games but it's still bearable. Most of them should open fairly quickly.

this is normal, it only happens on certain doors, and very very few of them, but after a while you learn to ignore it, so dont worry.

To me, it happened all the way through. But it's worth the wait. With rooms so huge and full of textures, it's no wonder it takes a long time!

You should listen to your Wii whilst playing. I've never heard it so loud!

Oh, and just don't try speed running the game.

this is actually nintendo's clever way of 'hiding' loading screens. Normally you would see a loading screen everytime you go to another room but they hide it while you wait for the door to open. It keeps the immersive feeling and lets you run around while it preloads the next room. Very smart :)

This seems more prevalent in MP3 since the game uses alot more resources than the previous ones... just look at those graphics :)

Ok nifty. My other problem is that with the first copy of the game I got (used) it would skip when playing music and sometimes wouldn't start up on occasion. One time the system restarted right before I got to a save spot and another time Samus came out of the ship with no textures on her model, just grayscale 0_0. I went back to the same store and got another used copy, and the first time I tried starting the game it gave me an error where I had to restart and take the disc out etc. But I've been playing for the past couple hours with no issues right afterwards. Should I just keep playing for now and hope nothing else happens or is there something wrong with my console? (I just got it used a few days ago too, probably won't do that again, but it came with a Nintendo warranty so whatever)

sdlac said:
Ok nifty. My other problem is that with the first copy of the game I got (used) it would skip when playing music and sometimes wouldn't start up on occasion. One time the system restarted right before I got to a save spot and another time Samus came out of the ship with no textures on her model, just grayscale 0_0. I went back to the same store and got another used copy, and the first time I tried starting the game it gave me an error where I had to restart and take the disc out etc. But I've been playing for the past couple hours with no issues right afterwards. Should I just keep playing for now and hope nothing else happens or is there something wrong with my console? (I just got it used a few days ago too, probably won't do that again, but it came with a Nintendo warranty so whatever)
umm. . . not sure. . . if it happens again just contact Nintendo and they'll fix it.

sdlac said:
Put in Wii Sports, is there anything wrong with it? If not, it's probably just your disc.

ssbb_lover said:
Put in Wii Sports, is there anything wrong with it? If not, it's probably just your disc.
Wii Sports has had no problems at all. =x

It's the disc. It's used, so that could explain a lot. You could buy a brand new one, or just keep swapping out Metroids...over and over and over. If you decide to choose the latter, have fun with that. :)

Yes, as previously mentioned, each room is loaded just before you enter it, so if it is a large area on the other side of the door, then it will take a lot longer for the door to open than if there was a smaller area on the other side.

Back