Metroid Prime 3 revolutionary?

mushroomedmario said:
i think that's too big of an update to do over wiiconnect24
Why? Lets say the update is 100mb, on the average internet connection it would take less than 30 minutes to download. You could let it run while you are sleeping if you are impatient.

Besides doesn't everyone have an SD card by now? The game could save the upgrades to the SD card and copy data into ram as needed

Monsteroids said:
Please do not take what I'm going to say personally:

Halo is highly overrated.
If that is the case then so is Goldeneye on the N64. The reason Halo is so great is how well the multiplayer was executed just like goldeneye.

mushroomedmario said:
nah it's sorta revolutionary due to finalsmash, and crawling and what not.
Finalsmash? Mortal Kombat was revolutionary for that. I'm not even sure what game to use in saying that CRAWLING is not revolutionary at all

myWiifuture said:
Metroid prime is the best game ever! it owns any other game easy...any other game....!! omg im getting 3 when it comes out i have 1 and 2 and best them both tons of times hard mode too and the first one in 6hours... metroid prime will p00n all other FPS!!!!! w00t for MP3!!! w00t for Wii- best console ever made!!! cant wait till i get mine!!!
You need to cut back on the caffeine. The game doesn't even exist so how can you say it's the best?

DazzeL said:
GamerCon, you've misunderstand what I meant be 'revolutionary'. Revolutionary is not always the first. For example, the game that 'revolutionised' RTS's was Command and Conquer. Was it the first of it's kind? Hell no, Dune 2 had been out for years. What made CnC the revolutionary title was that the masses picket it up, played it and made it the standard setter.
Well said, that and I played planty of Dune 2 before CnC came out. Hell I even bought the cable that linked two PlayStations together so I could play multiplayer CNC!

how can you compare a rail shooter to a FPS? LAME. metroid is lame anyway. Nintendo milks it's franchises too much and kiddies buy them because they get the "nintendo mentality" instead of taking a game for what it is...

^How many Metroid games have you *fully* completed in your lifetime?

dreamcastninja said:
how can you compare a rail shooter to a FPS? LAME. metroid is lame anyway. Nintendo milks it's franchises too much and kiddies buy them because they get the "nintendo mentality" instead of taking a game for what it is...
A series makes a better storyline, and STORYLINES make games what they are. There is no reason to complain.

LevesqueIsKing said:
A series makes a better storyline, and STORYLINES make games what they are. There is no reason to complain.
Are you trying to say that the Smash Brothers, Pokemon, Metroid, Mario Party etc.. have a linear story?

dreamcastninja said:
Idiot.

Corruption will probably be one of the wii's best games... IF they include online play:yesnod: . But I don't think we should be comparing it to halo....

It dont have online play. Hurts it for me

ciper said:
Are you trying to say that the Smash Brothers, Pokemon, Metroid, Mario Party etc.. have a linear story?
How the HELL did you infer that thats what I meant? It's the exact opposite. Good games have good storylines (sure, many other factors come into play, but w/o a good storyline, we cant even start to get into gameplay, mechanics, graphics etc.) because if a player cant follow a storyline, than they wont want to play the game, simple as that.

Zelda, Mario and Metroid are what they are today because Ninty followed up on the originals with sequel after sequel after sequel, strengthening its story, and giving the fanbase something to look forward to (because they are so engrossed in the story).

lets just hope nintendo tells everyone the release date for this game at E3, along with other crucial info about Wii. Can we say possible harddrive?

A hard drive for the Wii is a must. The downloads will be around 500MB. If they do do that.

A car is revolutionary. A plane is revolutionary. I dont think MP3, Final Fantasy XII, C&C, or such is to be considered revolutionary, they just change the way you play.

Last edited:
^erm...downloads? Are you speaking in terms of a future demo channel?

Back