Metroid Prime 3 vs Halo 3

What's your preferance?

• Total voters
im glad someone see halo the same way i do. Metroid is great, but i dont think it compares anywhere near to the story of all 3 halo's. And yes i want to see how it ends too!!!!!!!!! Halo2's ending was such a buzzkill ... i might never see how it ends though, because i may never get a 360 .... ohwell i'll just mooch off my friends'.
Lol, i'm the same. I won't be getting any other consoles except for the wii (if I could I would) but I voted for Halo 3 cuz I was never a big fan of MP, but i've always liked playing Halo.(and i'm pretty sure there is a cooperative version for story mode)

And for anyone that thinks there the same...there totally different. I only say this cuz i've seen others say this. THEY'RE TOTALLY DIFFERENT.

Yeah, I wish I had said that.

A lot of game reviewers that I've heard say Halo is an amazing first person shooter which really makes you feel like you are the human race's only hope.

As for Metroid Prime, they generally stress it's a first person adventure and has some very clever character abilities, like the beam-whip and the ability to become a ball in order to get to new places and solve intelligent puzzles.

Both are great games; that's where they are similar.

Last edited:
I feel that Halo was the Xbox's answer to Metroid. And it answered well. To me though, there is nothing like the original!

I doubt they picked up Halo from Metroid....but i'm not trasing MP it's just that I think Halo is better. Plus u can't totally compare them to one another since they r not the same game, it's not like comparing H1 to H2 or MP1 to MP2. U know wut i'm saying?

Yes, I know what you mean... apples to oranges. I just think that Bungee looked at metroid and thought they could reinvent it and take it farther, and that they did.

Bungi also had worked on Marathon which was apparently a really popular Mac game, so I think they also drew from that franchise aswell.

Halo hasn't done anything that innovative, but instead takes elements from many great shooters and tweaks them. In the end, it all comes together like a massive puzzle. Great story, great gameplay, great graphics, great cinematics, and great multiplayer to keep you coming back again and again.

However, I also can't wait to play Metroid Prime 3, which will be my first 3D Metroid game and sadly the last Metroid game there'll be, but it sure looks great and original in every way, so that makes up for everything.:D

Halo hasn't done anything that innovative, but instead takes elements from many great shooters and tweaks them. In the end, it all comes together like a massive puzzle. Great story, great gameplay, great graphics, great cinematics, and great multiplayer to keep you coming back again and again.
Exactly, that's wut everyone wants these days.

Both their both very different games and I like them both

I like Halo because its got a very good control system the first two were good games the second was dissapointing but the first is one of the best FPS ever

Metroid Prime is also good becuase its innovative and has good bosses and weapons

Both games weapons, characters, controls and stories are top class

the second was dissapointing
Seriously, they sure didn't change it enough. As much as I love the series, that's one thing MP did and Halo didn't. But if u just look at the game Halo's stuff just looks cooler, the suits, the guns for sure and so on.

But the one advantage that MP has is the T rating, in reality it pretty much let's anyone over the age of 10+ play, while Halo is M and that forces some buyers, like me, to not be able to get it cuz of the ESRB rating and the mom's who see anything with the word M in it besides there own name(MoM) go crazy and say "Sex, Drugs, Gore, mind corruption!" If Halo was T it would have such a huge fanbase it would probably be unbelievable.

Jamma said:
Both their both very different games and I like them both

I like Halo because its got a very good control system the first two were good games the second was dissapointing but the first is one of the best FPS ever

Metroid Prime is also good becuase its innovative and has good bosses and weapons

Both games weapons, characters, controls and stories are top class

I agree that Halo 2 was a bit of a let down after playing the masterpiece that was the original Halo. It's funny, when I finished Halo 2 I actually called a few game stores and asked if I had missed something, or maybe there was some hallway I didn't go down that would have giving me a few more hours of play. The guy at Slackers said "Yeah, you finished it and doesn't that suck? It's about 7 hours shorter than the original and we've gotten a few copies back already."

I do think that Halo 3 will be longer than Halo 2 and maybe even the first Halo. I personally can't imagine what we'll be doing in Halo 3 and what new weapons and vehicles will emerge (*cough*Pelican dropship*cough*)

NateTheGreat said:
I agree that Halo 2 was a bit of a let down after playing the masterpiece that was the original Halo. It's funny, when I finished Halo 2 I actually called a few game stores and asked if I had missed something, or maybe there was some hallway I didn't go down that would have giving me a few more hours of play. The guy at Slackers said "Yeah, you finished it and doesn't that suck? It's about 7 hours shorter than the original and we've gotten a few copies back already."

I do think that Halo 3 will be longer than Halo 2 and maybe even the first Halo. I personally can't imagine what we'll be doing in Halo 3 and what new weapons and vehicles will emerge (*cough*Pelican dropship*cough*)
Lol, I agree. And by looking at the screenshots/trailers it's going to be HOT!:lol: O ya and that Pelican dropship looks HOT! too.

ssbb_lover said:
Lol, I agree. And by looking at the screenshots/trailers it's going to be HOT!:lol: O ya and that Pelican dropship looks HOT! too.
:lol: I forgot about that trailer. Quite hot indeed!!:lol:

NateTheGreat said:
:lol: I forgot about that trailer. Quite hot indeed!!:lol:
:lol:Totally....Lol let's stop these short posts and put some content in them, agreed?:rolleyes:

ssbb_lover said:
:lol:Totally....Lol let's stop these short posts and put some content in them, agreed?:rolleyes:
Agreed....but I don't have any content in my mind, so I guess this is another short post without info and in a thread I created!:lol:

:lol::lol:....DANGIT!!!!

*eghemm*Well Halo's great, MP's great, ppl have there opinion's, mine is Halo. Nate, I guess ur's is Halo(or both)? Most ppl like Halo more, because the original was a great game and no one could hate it. Plus, if I remember right, there wasn't too much blood or anything, so it was fit for even those who were 16 or younger to play it. I guess I shouldn't be talking in past tense since tons r still playing it:tard:

Back