Metroid Prime 3 vs Halo 3

What's your preferance?

• Total voters
Yeah, that's another reason I like both Metroid and Halo (although I've never played a 3D Metroid, so I may change my mind, but I doubt it with the new controller): The lack of blood and gore.

It's a bit strange that Halo is rated M because there is hardly any blood and no real gore (no decapitations or anything). Just a lot of purple-ish-blue alien blood and the Elites do make a loud groan when they die.

The Grunts are like little annoying kids, so maybe that's what gets the ESRB people angry.

pic_halo2_grunt.jpg

LOOK AWAY KIDS! THIS GUY'S BAD NEWS!:lol:

Ya it's too bad Halo isn't rated T, and I thin it should, although i still wouldn't get it since I don't have an Xbox:tard:
pic_halo2_grunt.jpg

Mooooowwrraggghrrrrgggggg*hiss**hiss*.....BOOOM!!(blows alien guts all over master-chief)
That would annoy me too:lol:

You don't have an Xbox!!! Seriously, just get the original Xbox, until Halo 3 comes out of course. They're probably like $80 now, but I probably shouldn't speak because I don't have a Gamecube and they're pretty cheap now too.

Off-topic I am, once again, but I don't really care because my threads usually die quicker than this.

Darn, I think I just jinxed myself. This was a nice thread while it lasted.:lol:

Keep...it...alive...if you can.:D

His last wish........*thread croaks*O well, it got another post in:D

Plus I do wish I had an Xbox and I wish u had a GC. The reason I won't be getting an Xbox is because I just bought a DS which kind of drained my funds -_- ' So now it's my turn...y haven't u gotten a GC?!

ssbb_lover said:
His last wish........*thread croaks*O well, it got another post in:D

Plus I do wish I had an Xbox and I wish u had a GC. The reason I won't be getting an Xbox is because I just bought a DS which kind of drained my funds -_- ' So now it's my turn...y haven't u gotten a GC?!
Well, I got one a few months after it came out and loved SSX: Tricky and SSBM, but that was it.

I really can't remember if I had any other games than those two and when I went over to my cousin's house, she had an Xbox and SSX: Tricky and it looked sooo much better on Xbox. She also had Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee and all the games that I was looking forward to on the GC were coming out on the Xbox, so I sold my GC after a year and have had only an Xbox up until recently. A different cousin gave me her old PS2 (she also gave me a SNES, which started me on videogames) a few weeks ago (I never would have bought one myself because I planned on getting a PS3 when it's price would finally drop to like $300) and I've rented Jak 3 which seems a bit over rated and Katamari Damacy which I haven't played but will when I have more time.

The good GC games really didn't show up until about a year or so after I had sold my GC; games like Mario Kart: DD, Res4, the Metroid games, and Geist.

So, I cried a bit and then Nintendo announced Wii would be backwards compatible, which is awesome becuase it's the first time they've ever done that. Now I can load up on all the GC games I missed and probably get them all for $100 used. Really can't wait for Wii and it's games, but I wan't to play GC games on it before hand so I'll understand the stories and stuff...and I'm cheap.:D

Oh, and I hate that you have a DS lite!! I actually bought and returned the DS when it first came out because it was so bulky and uncomfortable and didn't have any games, I soon realized. I bought a PSP and after a few months, I sold it at Slackers because it was just like what the PS3 will be: good on graphics, bad on games and innovation. However, I'm more of a non-portable player because I want to hear things on my 5.1 surround sound and on a 27" TV. A DS lite will probably be in my hands sometime after X-mas (I always wait until after X-mas to get my presents because then prices drop and income tax comes in).

So that's basicly....my life story.:lol:

I'm going to go punch myself in the face for a while because I'm getting sooo of topic in my own thread.......but that's OK.:p

LIVE THREAD! LIVE! *laughs, melovolently*

I've got both halos and both primes. And so far...I don't really care about either storyline. :D But since I had dial up internet when Halo2 came out I never got to experience the online play. And I guess only playing the one player mode gave me a bad outlook on the Halo series and now I kind of dislike it. And I am a Nintendo Fanboy, and I indeed do like Metroid more than Halo.

So I am going to buy Corruption.

EDIT: Plus I have no 360 ;P

TMRevolution said:
I've got both halos and both primes. And so far...I don't really care about either storyline. :D But since I had dial up internet when Halo2 came out I never got to experience the online play. And I guess only playing the one player mode gave me a bad outlook on the Halo series and now I kind of dislike it. And I am a Nintendo Fanboy, and I indeed do like Metroid more than Halo.

So I am going to buy Corruption.

EDIT: Plus I have no 360 ;P

I've never played any of the Gamecube Metroid game. Would you recomend I play the two on the Gamecube first and then get Metroid Prime 3, or do you think they could be skipped or what?

Since MP1 and MP2 have been out for quite some time, they're both cheap so money isn't a problem. I just don't want to waste my time, that's all.

ssbb_lover, if you have an opinion on this too, tell me.

I have the same question about Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker: should I play it first, or skip it and just get LoZ:TP?:confused:

Okay, here we go.
Well here's the good news, u can skip over the piece of junk that is known as windwaker. Ppl that don't know wut LoZ is go, "the cartoonish graphics r actually done well, oh and the gameplay is great! It's a ton of fun"....they don't even know wut they're saying. So in other words don't get it, only go for TP, it'll be fine.

As for the metroid series, I don't have a clue. I only played a tid-bit of the 1st one, but it was fun. I'm not getting corruption, I am getting TP. But like LoZ I don't think MP's storylines r related to each other, the only thing u would have to catch up on is the characters and their backround.

Sry, that's all I got, hope it helped.

Thanks for the help, ssbb_lover.:)

I just sort of realized that the games of Nintendo's three big franchises (Zelda, Metroid, and Mario) don't carry on to the next game. Wow, that's sort of good and bad, isn't it? It's nice for new comers who don't want to have to buy the previous games and yet it's sort of a downer because you don't really have a continuous story.

I don't think any other major games do that, do they?

....Halo....sonic....Jak?(not sure)....kirby....I can't even think of any more huge franchises right now that are adventure games.

ssbb_lover said:
....Halo....sonic....Jak?(not sure)....kirby....I can't even think of any more huge franchises right now that are adventure games.
So, are you naming game franchises that do have a continuous story from game to game because I was talking about ones that don't have a continuous story from one game to the next. Like for example, although I already used this example, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess will have a story completly unrelated to that of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker.

Halo, however has a continuous story; Halo 2 starts right where the original Halo left off.

Sorry, I'm not trying to insult your intelligence. I'm just trying to make my point clearer than I did before. Just wondered why you were posting these franchises, that's all.:)

I've read somewhere that the creators of the Halo series were inspired by the Metroid Prime series and someone told me that the creators of the Halo series admitted that they took some elements of the Metroid Prime seris. But I don't know if it is true.

Supermariomp3 said:
I've read somewhere that the creators of the Halo series were inspired by the Metroid Prime series and someone told me that the creators of the Halo series admitted that they took some elements of the Metroid Prime seris. But I don't know if it is true.

That would be impossible, as far as I know because the Xbox was released 3 days before the Gamecube and Halo was a launch title for it, while Metroid Prime didn't come for atleast a year or two after that. Now if you just meant the 2D Metroid, then that still wouldn't make sense because Halo is, of course, a 3D first person shooter. (Not trying to say I'm right, you're wrong.:))

If anything, Metroid Prime took some cues from Halo, but I don't know that for certain, but that wouldn't be a bad thing.

I do think that both franchises should borrow somethings the other has.

Halo needs a visor of some sort. Come on, this is supposed to be in the future and all Master Chief, the most advanced cyborg ever, only has a 2D map and A DINKY FLASHLIGHT THAT RUNS OUT!!?? I want everything Splinter Cell has x10, darn it! Some light puzzle solving, like what Half-life 2 did with physics, would be nice aswell.

As for Metroid Prime, it so deserves a good, online multiplayer mode. Maybe you could have good guys against bad guys, or something. A vehicle or two could spice up Metroid too and could play into some puzzles.

What do you guys think?

I don't mean halo copied the 3d shooting or the gameplay I mean like the way the enemies look, the way masterchief looks, etc..
I'll try to find the article to prove my point

Oh, I see what you're saying and I agree. It would be funny if Master Chief was a girl! It could be a tribute to the Metroid series!:lol:

Back