Metroid Prime 3 VS Halo 3

i think its quite hard to compare them, Halo is about fps combat action etc etc.. MP is like an adventure/exploration...its kinda like a FPS Zelda but with guns, or its like the old metroid games but in 3d.

as far as halo 3 is concerned i just dont see what the apeal is, although to be fair i havent read up on it much... what makes it so different from halo 1/2?(anyone else get bored of halo 2 single player?).. i see those jeep things in the screenshots and it looks too familiar, the focus will be to use the 360's power to enhance the action. i guess as long as they can make the game look cool enough people will buy it.. though i have a feeling it will dissapoint.

As with most nintendo games MP3 may be the kind of game some players might not be able to get into (dont understand why). Becuase of the wii-mote theres something that MP3 will have to offer thats different from previous versions.

IGN.com said:
We started up a new level where heroine Samus Aran explores a vast space station and immediately switched to expert mode. We're happy to report that it simulates the accuracy of PC first-person shooters almost perfectly, and we found ourselves soaring through levels, zipping around corners, pulling quick turns and zapping down enemies with pinpoint precision within seconds. Simply put, Retro has pretty much nailed it - and it makes the wait to 2007 for the game that much more difficult. We're not kidding when we write that Prime 3 feels like a brand new game with this control.

Halo 3 will be a bigger success im sure and its multiplayer will keep it alive for a while. again i dont think you can say either is a better fps than the other becuase they are different kinds of games, but i think they will get similar scores on reviews.

Comparing an already cult hit franchise 3rd generation online multiplayer game....to metroid prime 3.....

I'm not even really a halo fan and I think that's tarded.

While I love Nintendo, Halo 3 will win hands down if they were put head to head in sales. I am an fan of both MP and Halo, but lets face it Halo has it all. . .great story line, great multiplayer, great online multiplayer, great communication. MP would has a long way to go to meet the same level of play as Halo.

Halo 3 wins in sales, storyline, online, gameplay and everything. Halo just flat out beats MP3, and besides, Halo is way more anticipated than MP3

i think metroid prime its a better game overall,halo probably will sell more games,but sales have never measured quality.

Win as in popularity? Halo
Win as in graphics? Halo
Win as in sales? Halo
Win as in online? Halo
Win as in multi-player? Halo

Win as in controlls? MP

:incazzato:

^^true.
but remember there is something called hype.for me thats what halo is since the first game.

There is no comparison. Even though I enjoyed Metroid Prime: Hunters on the DS, it's inevitable that Halo 3 will take the prize. I mean, have you seen the latest trailer? That will definitely not be in Metroid Prime Corruption.

Remember, you are comparing an Xbox360 to a Wii. The Wii may have a better style of play but the 360 will have superior graphics and gameplay.

i think halo 3 for the most part beceuse the multiplayer personaly i dont like mp cuss if i want to stop i need to walk al the way back to a save point xD

Metroids strength is in its single player game structure. In a way Halo is a more casual game (based on previous versions) the focus is on killing stuff and getting to the next level.. anyone can jump in - the goal is simple. The gameplay has hardcore elements but you dont need to be a dedicated gamer to play and enjoy it.

In Metroid your thrown into a world and you've got to work your way through it, if you can't get involved you wont find it interesting. You're not really sure where you are going in Metroid games which makes you feel like your in another world. If you can get involved gameplay is very rewarding, but its definitly not a casual game.

again these games are so different from each other. but i think its easy to see why halo is a bigger game, it targets a more casual, or perhaps a wider audience.
Metroid is more for me.. but not for everyone.

i like scanning things in metriod, wen i first got it when i was like 12, i didnt pay attention and didnt realy understand any of it, but i played Metriod prime on the gamecube the other day and i was like "this scanning stuff is pretty interesting and better yet.....i understand what i'm reading!"

So if MP on the wii doesnt have scanning i will dissapointed.
There nothing like that in halo realy, just hack and slash....and erm...shoot!

I loved both halo's and the only apeal this one has is OMG NEW GRAPHICS.....but for you that played and finished halo 2, there was a bit of a mystery at the end, i'de quite like to play the next installment to the story more than anything.

I think Halo1 and 2 won because nintendo gamecube lost.
But that time let's see

For me, currently, i'm anticipating Halo 3 more than Metroid. I love metroid and i will be getting it but Halo 3 offers a multiplayer experience. Since Halo 1 and 2 offered great multiplayer experience, i'm hoping Halo 3 will (definitely will :D) have great multiplayer, especially with all this HD and sick graphics in it. Can't wait

Back