Metroid Prime 3 VS Halo 3

well metroid looks like a great game that uses the wii mote in exciting ways but halo just has so many more people attached to it (not including me :lol: ) although halo has some of the best music ive heard in a game it just seems like any other shooter! I dont see that much difference between halo and other shooters....so I geuss in terms of sales halo is the winner...but when it comes to gameplay metroid owns

(typed from wii....phew)

I think halo 3 will win in sales because more people have a 360 and its seen as the must get game. Originally they were going to release halo 3 when the ps3 would of came out in december (i live in the UK). I still think they are doing that when it does come out here. However If MP3 brought out a good online mode and then established itself then i think it has the potential to beat halo but not yet, lol halo 3 is the last one though so.....

Halo 1 was amazing... halo 2 was just more of the same and i expect halo 3 to be the same... its boring now

chrisr84 said:
Halo 1 was amazing... halo 2 was just more of the same and i expect halo 3 to be the same... its boring now
yeah I got the same feeling :lol:

chrisr84 said:

Ya except for the fact that the story has completely changed this time and there are lots of new weapons vehichles and way better graphics. Im sure its going to be just like the old games lol.

I think Metroid Prime 3 would do better if the Wiimote wasnt used. I just dont like the wiimote for FPS games. Its just not that accurate. Just imagine if Wii had multiplayer online. I can just see all the missing shots flying everywhere lol.

Well i found when shooting with a bow or something on zelda the wii-mote to be very accurate... Not that we're talking about zelda but its the same principle point at screen with a dot an shoot..

Halo games will always have big hype as both Halo/Halo 2 are both great games multiplayer functionality.. Halo 2 with its online infinite playing.. which is still goin on to-date..

Metroid Prime is another great storyline game and gameplay..

I personally will be buying both.. as i like both franchises.. Roll em on :)

Last edited:
Lethal said:
Ya except for the fact that the story has completely changed this time and there are lots of new weapons vehichles and way better graphics. Im sure its going to be just like the old games lol.

I think Metroid Prime 3 would do better if the Wiimote wasnt used. I just dont like the wiimote for FPS games. Its just not that accurate. Just imagine if Wii had multiplayer online. I can just see all the missing shots flying everywhere lol.

1st. Let's take a one major fps serie Unreal tournament. Every time they release new one it's better graphics, new weapons and vehicles and still it's still a same game why is Halo diffrent. I won't say that Medroid Prime is not plagued by "curse" of sequels but as Medroid is quite story driven effect is bit milder.

2nd. So you are one of those let's press this one button to magically lock our weapon to enemy and then just shoot away. And to be honest I don't understand that. Autotarget is not accuracy! Purely by hardware point point and shoot is by far supreme and more accurate method compared to dual analog system witch I consider sluggish way of controlling fps (and no I don't like auto target too). But I guess you should know Medroid has an optional autotarget too though most of pll have said that they even forget to use it since it is faster and more fun to aim by your self.

i found the wiimote hard to use with fps at first... but now im getting headshots (in cod3 and red steel) far easier than i ever could with dual sticks.

i'd be very disapointed if mp3 didnt use the mote.

Ancestor said:
1st. Let's take a one major fps serie Unreal tournament.

lmao please tell me you are not trying to use Unreal Tournament as an example of a story based game. There is no story there bud. Its a tournament. Thats all. I swear nobody here thinks before they type. And yes the Wii has a touch of autoaim to buddy. You can aim above the guy and still kill him in Far Cry and COD3. ANybody else want to add anymore stupid comparisons?

Lethal said:
lmao please tell me you are not trying to use Unreal Tournament as an example of a story based game. There is no story there bud. Its a tournament. Thats all. I swear nobody here thinks before they type. And yes the Wii has a touch of autoaim to buddy. You can aim above the guy and still kill him in Far Cry and COD3. ANybody else want to add anymore stupid comparisons?

And where did I say that used Unreal as a story based game example? I used it as example as you said new look, new weapons and vehicles make a new game. So I think you should read what you wrote and what I wrote before making such assumptions. Allso Autoaim in Medroid is button triggered just like in most of dual analog fps games not some slight aim correction.

my guess is that nintendos gonna release bluetooth headsets as metroid for DS had voice support. i mean, you cant give the little sibling something but not give it to the older one too. (excuse me for my idiotic metaphor)

Ancestor said:
And where did I say that used Unreal as a story based game example?

The moment you put Unreal tournament in the same sentence as Metroid Prime and Halo lmao!

chrisr84 said:
Yet you arn't bored of Super Mario 6?
Mario Party 8?

ect...

Well if you want to look it at that way Halo is not what most people call story driven fps either considering how single player was shaded by multiplayer. Lethal I just hoped that if you had to start argument you would atleast done it on on of real arguments I made towards your post. Allso stop trying to put words to my mouth I never stated UT would be story based even though there is a story as minor as it may be putting apple and orange in same sentence does not meant I state that apples are oranges. Please if you don't agree with my arguments go ahead counter them but don't try to make up something just because you don't like about my oppinions.

Last edited:
Back