Metroid Prime 3

Koncept said:
This gun phails. Ever saw mp3 trailers? They where using classic nunchuck+remote. I don't see how you could hold this gun I mean you press A to shoot while directing joystick, it could look like a shotgun... gross
Ya the gun idea is good but it won't work with the controlls. Maybe with a differnt gun set-up it could be usefull though.

callme.nasty said:
every night i pray that they're just adding multiplayer and waiting for nintendo to release the light gun for use with the game. They said the game would be "perfect", and thats not possible without multiplayer and the light gun. God damn i hope these developers realize the potential of the light gun.

Light guns are no longer feasable. They only work with CRT type TVs, and those are on the way out. Everyone with an LCD, Plasma, or projector would not be able to use a light gun. The pointing functionality of the Wii remote is the closest to a light gun that you're going to see.

Skippy said:
Light guns are no longer feasable. They only work with CRT type TVs, and those are on the way out. Everyone with an LCD, Plasma, or projector would not be able to use a light gun. The pointing functionality of the Wii remote is the closest to a light gun that you're going to see.
Surely if a gaming gun peripheral used the same technology as the Wii remote it would work...?

i truly hope it has online multiplaeyer. i also hope its better that the last one(from echoes, kinda wasted their time on). but, even if they dont do i good job with the multiplayer, theres always the updates.

Hotspur Warrior said:
Surely if a gaming gun peripheral used the same technology as the Wii remote it would work...?

Yes, but then at that point, you've just repackaged the normal remote. And using the Wii remote technology targets differently that a light gun. When you aim the remote at a specific spot of your screen (aiming it like a gun), that's not necessarily where the Wii thinks you are pointing. The positioning that the Wii gets from the remote is related more to the sensor bar than the physical TV screen.

rgf942 said:
Yup. And they had BETTER not allow the lock on feature for multiplayer...that would get REALLY old, REALLY fast. And the wii can aim, so there's no reason for lock on. That's really the only thing I'm worried about if it has online. That, and I want it to be 16 player.

Wow, I never thought of that. *Worries about potential problem* That would be rediculous. Surely they would take it off. You could just lock on and then use a seeker...

Skippy said:

its called a light gun, but it works in a different way. it still uses the aiming capabilites of the wii-mote, but it adds on a trigger, and a joystick. Add that to the fact that your holding a freaking gun rather than a gay little remote, and that could make a game amazing? why am i obsessing over this so much? think about it. Imagine playing halo while holding just a gun. Pulling an actual trigger to shoot. Pumping it to reload. Throwing the gun forward to bash someone in the face. Now imagine the metroid prime 3 being able to do that. I could easily see it becoming the #1 online game and kicking halo out of the way. You must be crazy if you think that the wii-mote plus nunchuk is better than that.

Koncept said:
This gun phails. Ever saw mp3 trailers? They where using classic nunchuck+remote. I don't see how you could hold this gun I mean you press A to shoot while directing joystick, it could look like a shotgun... gross
Like you, I don't support the light gun peripheral idea, but to fix the odd shooting problem they could easily switch the firing button from A to Z; then make A jump... or dare I say it, make jumping a motion, and let A be something else. I don't really care. I just want controls to be as we know them: standard nunchuk style.

You guys are making me really want Corruption to be (online) multiplayer... and I'll end up disappointed when it's revealed that there will be none. I must fight it. After all, with Metroid, it's all about the story mode, and there's nothing wrong with that. Who know's, that expectation from the series might change someday. Just not with MP3.

The Prime series is actually just a trilogy, so maybe the next installment(s) will be more multiplayer-based.

*anticipates*

Score 27 days before my birthday I thought it was July 1 for some reason whatever that just means sooner for me

Doesn't make much sense to release it in June, if you ask me. It's not the holiday season, and it's not when Halo 3 is being released.
I really wonder how Nintendo is gonna do that. They've got Corruption, Galaxy, and Brawl all coming out this year (pretty much fact), and they could easily release one alongside Halo 3, one for the holiday season, but what about the third. Surely not MP3 in the summertime. I mean... they can't release two of the three simultaneously because you wouldn't want them to spoil eachother's sales...

I double checked it does come out june 1st 2007 but so does sadness and I think i saw other games for june 1st release

Please do correct me if I'm wrong, but last I heard (from a credible source... months ago), Sadness was "scheduled" for late '08. Not very reliable, I know, but I see it less possible than MP3 to be released in June. Not complaining, simply... sharing my thoughts.

blogman54 said:
I double checked it does come out june 1st 2007 but so does sadness and I think i saw other games for june 1st release

I garuntee you your source is wrong. I can also nearly garuntee you that your source is from some sort of store. If that is the case, those are estimates. They basically just put the game in the quarter of the year it will most likely be released. For example, for a while, BestBuy had MP3, SSBB, and SMG for March 31. We all know those arent going to happen.

Back