Metroid prime online multiplayer?

SLrocket said:
SEARCH! and no.

dude cool off check his posts it's 1 which means he's new and WELCOME TO WIICHAT all the chit and chat bout the wii.

i still think its a sorely missed opportunity especially with heavy hitter halo 3 coming out a month later. You'd think nintendo would wanna try to 1up them. oh well it'll still be a great game. Heres to a wiiware update for it with multiplayer.

It wouldn't be hard if nintendo created a dedicated server(s) for Metroid later for multiplayer online. "One Player" just means "One player per console". Which would make sense seeing as how it's a very extensive FPS and requires a lot of screen real estate.

I could definately see a patch in the future that adds multiplayer online available. The patch talks to the game like this:
-> Take maps (already on game disk)
-> Take characters, allow different colors for different players (samus, enemies, etc)
-> Patch provides code for intializing the extra feature and code for the rules of the game.

Given, unless nintendo releases a hard drive they wouldn't be able to do much with it, just a few lines of code. BUT, if they did have a hard drive, they could definitely add multiplayer in the future. Just like Xbox Live had downloadable maps for Halo. Not hard.

However, I doubt many would be interested if it was the patch only (my first suggestion) because it just isn't extensive enough. There wouldn't be anything like capture the flag or special weapons and there wouldn't be a map editor (or special multiplayer maps for that matter). I am, and have been, wondering why nintendo doesn't release a hard drive or even third party support for one. I'd love to buy an external hard drive for my Wii! They are cheap!

NorAxeR said:
You can probably tell that I'm a shooter guy from my avatar.. the 3 shooters I own and like on the Wii are Red Steel, Far Cry Vengence, and Resident Evil 4.

Now ofcourse I love online first person shooters ( which there are none on the Wii and none are planned :yesnod: ), even though I hate Metroid Prime: Hunters (ended up getting rid of my DS because I hated that too) - I don't think anyone else could be as hurt by this as me. Metroid on a console is awesome. Putting that online would be unbeatable. Mentioning what I said earlier:

NorAxeR said:
I traded in my Xbox 360, and the 11 games I had for it to buy a Wii and games to go with it.

You might think that's crazy, but let's just say I had enough reason to dislike the 360 - and enough reason to wanna get the Wii. You can't beat Xbox Live for online console gaming, and trust me I love talking alot of TRASH on the mic (which I may never get to do with the Wii online). Not only that, but I'm a online-shooter gamer which is what Xbox is all about (Gears of War was all the 360 had going for it, minus all the glitches that made online gameplay suck)...

MP3 not being online, in my eyes personally, sucks. IMO - That HURTS.

laderer5 said:
dude cool off check his posts it's 1 which means he's new and WELCOME TO WIICHAT all the chit and chat bout the wii.
So he can't search? This is the internet... it isn't that hard.

Back