Metroid Prime Wii Collection/Metroid Prime Trilogy coming in August

Godwind

WiiChat Member
Jan 26, 2009
It will be all on one disc.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2009/05/metroid-prime-trilogy-coming-to-wii-on-single-disc.ars

Fans of the Metroid Prime games, as well as those who enjoy a good FPS/action title, are in for a treat this summer. Nintendo will be releasing the entire trilogy as a single-disc collection for the Wii in August.

Unsurprisingly named Metroid Prime Trilogy, the collection is set to be released on August 24, and will sell for $49.99. The disc will include Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2: Echoes, and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, but will have an updated control scheme for the first two games to make them compatible with the Wii's motion-sensing technology. Apparently, these earlier entries into the trilogy will feature some other unspecified enhancements, though widescreen presentation has been confirmed. Finally, the games will all feature a new unlockables system, allowing players to earn digital rewards like music and artwork by accomplishing objectives.

For fans of the Metroid games, this is undoubtably exciting news, as it will update some of their favorite titles and make them feel fresh again. For those who are new to the series, though, having all three games on a single disc for a reasonable price is is a great introduction to the universe of Samus Aran.

You think it is worth picking up? I already have all 3 games. I also have a wave bird. Looking back at the earlier versions, you can see how much of an improvement the Wii remote makes.

Personally I wouldn't buy the trilogy again just for a new control system and a few minor improvements in the first two games. Almost certainly worth it if you're new to Metroid though.

Looks like it's time to trade in MP3 before its price drops.

This is a definite buy for me. I have Metroid Prime on NGC and MP3 but have never played Echoes. I thought that they would release the first 2 games under the NPC banner for $30 each (still would have bought them) so all 3 games for $50 is an absolute steal!

The new controls will improve the experience a lot and I really like the idea of the medal system carrying through all 3 games. August 24th just can't come soon enough.

There you go Metroid fans
This new Metroid game isnt new

Personally I wouldn't buy the trilogy again just for a new control system and a few minor improvements in the first two games. Almost certainly worth it if you're new to Metroid though.

Also when you consider online gaming won't be included, it does seem like a tough product to sell. It only has some things such as music tracks and extra unlockables.

From what I got from ebay.
Metroid Prime 1- $7 year 02
Metroid Prime 2- $10 year 04
Metroid Prime 3- $12 year 07
Gamecube Controller- $10
Memory Card- $10
Total- $49
I am also pretty sure you can get that for better prices than what I listed. I saw memory cards for only a few dollars less as well as some of the games. Plus you get Gamecube controller which makes it compatible with all gamecube games and makes playing some Wii games better.

The other problem is that the entire series is less than 7 years old. The people who are actually interested in the series probably already played through the game.

Probably the only reason why this game doesn't have an online multiplayer so it doesn't cut into the Conduit's sales.

Probably the only reason why this game doesn't have an online multiplayer so it doesn't cut into the Conduit's sales.
No offense but that would be bullshite

Nintendo are lazy with there online things on the Wii

Also when you consider online gaming won't be included, it does seem like a tough product to sell.

I think your Ebay prices are the absolute low end. I've seen all of the games sell for more than that on there. I guess if you have extensively played all the trilogy then it might not be of interest but I would have bought them just for the controls at $30 a pop because MP3 played like a dream.

Even though Echoes on the compilation doesn't have online play it does have 4 player splitscreen multiplayer. With The Conduit having online multiplayer but no splitscreen between that and the Prime compilation, multiplayer FPS action will be totally covered. IGN also reports that the new controls make the Echoes multiplayer much much better.

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to call BS on this too. Why would Nintendo deliberately choose to protect sales of a third-party game over their own more lucrative franchise?

No offense but that would be bullshite

I don't think they are lazy. They made about 11 games to include Online play. A lot of Online games for the Wii are basically score boards and stuff like that. In addition, there are plenty of DS games made by Nintendo that have Online play.

I think your Ebay prices are the absolute low end. I've seen all of the games sell for more than that on there. I guess if you have extensively played all the trilogy then it might not be of interest but I would have bought them just for the controls at $30 a pop because MP3 played like a dream.

First off, lets address pricing. I am an American and you are an Australian. One USD is about 1.76 AUD. In AUD, that would be $21 AUD. Also to be noted is that Australian game prices are inflated to begin with. It would be expected that you would pay $30 (in AUD). Also, I specified that these weren't the best prices at all. In fact cheaper prices can be found. "I am also pretty sure you can get that for better prices than what I listed." I listed memory cards for $10 USD. They can be found for $6 less. I saw copies of metroid prime selling for $2 USD. I think my listing is extremely reasonable if not inflated.

I haven't extensively play all the Prime games. In fact I never even completed any of them. But the information provided also offer insight on better offers. Also, consider the criticisms that Nintendo has received for Third party developers not being able to sell enough copies.

Even though Echoes on the compilation doesn't have online play it does have 4 player splitscreen multiplayer. With The Conduit having online multiplayer but no splitscreen between that and the Prime compilation, multiplayer FPS action will be totally covered. IGN also reports that the new controls make the Echoes multiplayer much much better.

I already know multiplayer is covered for the Metroid Prime 2. That was what Nintendo was trying to sell out of that package. But why would someone sincerely want to play split screen with the Wii Remotes? It would be really awkward. I think it should be expected that there is an online multiplayer package in the game. These games are at least 7 years old. If you are going to pay the money for the package, wouldn't you expect some better services than just some unlockables. I wouldn't be expecting the best of services. At least 4 man PVP. I doubt they would even have a score board for speed running.

It isn't that I am not interested in this compilation. I really think there should be a little bit more meat to the package other than 2 remakes, a two year old game and a few unlockables. There hasn't been much sales over the Metroid Prime series and they have been fairly consistent. The highest selling non-packaged Metroid Prime game is MP3 which sold 1.53 million copies. Why should it be expected that the fanbase will grow beyond that? The trilogy package should be designed for people who have stuck with series for awhile.

IGN also reports that the new controls make the Echoes multiplayer much much better.

IGN employees are whores.

I don't think they are lazy. They made about 11 games to include Online play. A lot of Online games for the Wii are basically score boards and stuff like that. In addition, there are plenty of DS games made by Nintendo that have Online play.
I think the more obvious answer is that they didn't see the point in working for months just to add online play to MP2's not-that-popular multiplayer mode.

I think the more obvious answer is that they didn't see the point in working for months just to add online play to MP2's not-that-popular multiplayer mode.

Who ever said it had to be Metroid Prime 2's multiplayer mode that had online features? They could added a new Multiplayer section that could have been viable and popular. The extra effort would be worth it.

Also to be noted, the controls for Metroid Prime 2 didn't adapt well for multiplayer. The Wii remote could do wonders to add multiplayer depth to the game.

Last edited:
Who ever said it had to be Metroid Prime 2's multiplayer mode that had online features? They could added a new Multiplayer section that could have been viable and popular. The extra effort would be worth it.

Also to be noted, the controls for Metroid Prime 2 didn't adapt well for multiplayer. The Wii remote could do wonders to add multiplayer depth to the game.

I was going to say the exact same thing earlier but was busy.

Building an all new in dept online mode like Hunters would have been a HUUGE selling point even for those who say they won't buy ths because they already own the trilogy on separate discs.

Does Nintendo not know that this game could potentially sell 5M more copies if they added a whole new online component alone?
The online push would be enough to cover ALL production costs and online features.

But this announcement and lack of online really makes me wonder what rabbits their planning to pull at E3. It has to be HUGE. Think about it, E3 is about 2 weeks away, why didn't they hold off this announcement until then? Probably because they have way bigger tricks up their sleeve.

As some of you will know im not a big fan of online multi as I like to see the face of the person im against.
But there are people that would love some online Metroid play
Note I said Wii HUH HUH HUH HUH HUH

Back