MGS4 Release Date + New PS3 Bundle

The 80GB sold very well at the end of the year at $500. The 40 GB is still $400. I bought the 40 GB, but if I was going to buy a model around June I'd fork over $500 for that MGS4 bundle without question. It's a great deal.

Sony just dropped the price on the PS3. They aren't going to drop the price again so quickly. They'll drop the price again late in the year in time for the Holidays. In the meantime, PS3 outsold 360 and came close to the Wii in January. It's starting to sell better. Sony will move systems with this bundle. Calm down.

Sagema, you are counting it all wrong. You are thinking $400 + $60 + $40 = $500 Which is still very fair... But its 80gig not 40gig... so its actually $500 + $60 + $40 = $600 is the true price, but its $100 for the 80gig! 80gig = BC and more HDD space.

Im assuming Dual Shock real cost is $40 though, could be $50.

I'm trying to explain to you guys. Sony has gained serious ground on Microsoft. They need to keep gaining this year or declare defeat next year (Game Developers will go where the money is, they will eventually ignore Sony like they did with the Game Cube). The only way Sony can do that is with another $100 price cut, or a $50 price cut and bundle a great game like MGS4. MGS4 isn't going to sell as many copies as GTA, Halo 3, and probably even games like Mario Galaxy, Gears of War will outsell MGS4. Sony should bank on the price drops, it's clearly working. If Microsoft, Nintendo turn around this year and price drop $100, it will be over for Sony. The $500 price point is killing the PS3.

You still don't get it though, Sony is starting to sell well right now with their current prices. The games are finally starting to come out, the price is fair, and the PS3 has a lot of good press and momentum right now. They outsold 360 and came fairly close to the Wii's sales in January. They don't need another price drop right now. They need to continue doing what they are doing - have good games come out, keep getting good press, keep being a reliable system, etc. The MGS4/Dualshock3 bundle was a great move that will only add to sales figures. Later in the year, probably just in time for the Holidays, they will drop prices again. Right now they are doing just fine, really they are. The PS3 is hotter than it has ever been.

That is very nice. Since I already own a PS3, I guess I will have to hunt down a DualShock 3 simply for this game. :lol:
Anyway, thanks for the info.

Back