Microsoft and 360 in trouble? Or Coincidence?

jared19

WiiChat Member
Jan 8, 2007
Wii Online Code
2192-4083-8192-7034
"The head of the unit responsible for Microsoft Corp.'s Xbox video game console is stepping down to become president of Electronic Arts Inc.'s EA Sports division, the two companies said Tuesday." "Peter Moore will be replaced at Microsoft (nasdaq: MSFT - news - people ) by Don Mattrick, a former studio president at Electronic Arts..."

The same guy they spoke of the greatness of the 360 stepped down a week later. With the extended 3 yr warrenty, is the 360 in trouble? Or was the stepdown just a coincidence?

Another thing to look at.... Will he be biased toward the 360 once hes at EA Sports? That would be terrible if he started making exclusives for the 360. Id doubt it, but you never know.

Thoughts?

hahaha i dont think they are losing money on the 3 year warranty. 360's have a mysterious shelf life....they start crapping out once a new, big black xbox comes out. Coincedence?? i think not!!!!!

:shifty:

TortillaChip520 said:
hahaha i dont think they are losing money on the 3 year warranty. 360's have a mysterious shelf life....they start crapping out once a new, big black xbox comes out. Coincedence?? i think not!!!!!

:shifty:
They're claiming the warranties are going to cost them over a billion dollars...

Anyway, they've been failing since long before the Elite launched.

Like Wade said, its costing them billions. They are already losing on their systems anyways. I dont think they are close to going under, just weird how this happens right after the warranty press.

What about him favoring xbox at EA Sports? Possible?

jared19 said:
Like Wade said, its costing them billions. They are already losing on their systems anyways. I dont think they are close to going under, just weird how this happens right after the warranty press.

What about him favoring xbox at EA Sports? Possible?
Microsoft go under!?!?!? I doubt that is going to happen for a while. A billion dollars is nothing for them....

ea is not stupid enough to favour the 360 with exclusives because they would lose millions in potential dollars if they did that. trust me if they can sell games on the ps3 the wii and the 360 that are of the same franchise or just the same game they will do it unless they are payed oodles of money not too, or if one system is too expensive or hard to develope the game on which i think is not going to be the case.
oh and yes this is most likely a coincedence and microsoft is not going to be in trouble with losing 1billion on the xbox consoles like sony or nintendo would be.

Back