Microsoft: Next gen will be about software and services, not hardware

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
Microsoft has been making some noise lately regarding an extended lifespan for the Xbox 360 console. One of the things they're counting on is Project Natal. Another is software, the very thing Microsoft was built on.

The latter is also what Microsoft exec Shane Kim thinks will be one of the deciding factors for next gen, even more so than actual hardware. According to Kim, software and services like Xbox Live will be deciding factors for the "next generation." Speaking with Fast Company, Kim said:

In the past we would always get this question, "Hey, there's a new console launch every five years and you're coming up on that time for Xbox, right?" That's the old treadmill way of thinking.

Before you had things that were very obvious, from a hardware standpoint -- pushing more pixels, the move from 2-D to 3-D, 3-D to HD, etc. We got a very powerful piece of hardware in Xbox 360.

I am confident that we have more headroom available, in terms of developers and creators figuring out how to get more out of the system. So I worry less about new hardware having to enable us to move to a different level of graphics. It's much more about the experiences that you are going to deliver.

That's why I think we're very well-positioned, competitively speaking, because Microsoft is a software and services company.

heres the link http://wii.qj.net/Microsoft-Next-gen-will-be-about-software-and-services-not-hardware/pg/49/aid/133529

I doubt it. The point of having new hardware is to rejuvenate interest in the services being offered.

You have to have dependable hardware before you can start pushing out more software.

Ha, ha, ha its so funny how Microsoft detracts, they finally recognice they've been lose the console wars against Nintendo. The graphics and a powerfull hardware? Hoouuuu... it's doesn't matter. The only important here is the creativity of the gameplay and taking total advantage of the hardware features.
It's doesn't matter how much Microsoft tries to beat Nintendo, pushing new Xbox360 features (Facebook, friendly xbox Live, etc). EVERYTHING THEY DO CAN'T BEAT NINTENDO.
Becose they can't beat the huge Nintendo's experience in the game market and his creatibity!!
I predict the project Natal will be a huge failure!!
And when this happen Microsoft will be out of the game market!!

Ha, ha, ha its so funny how Microsoft detracts, they finally recognice they've been lose the console wars against Nintendo. The graphics and a powerfull hardware? Hoouuuu... it's doesn't matter. The only important here is the creativity of the gameplay and taking total advantage of the hardware features.
It's doesn't matter how much Microsoft tries to beat Nintendo, pushing new Xbox360 features (Facebook, friendly xbox Live, etc). EVERYTHING THEY DO CAN'T BEAT NINTENDO.
Becose they can't beat the huge Nintendo's experience in the game market and his creatibity!!
I predict the project Natal will be a huge failure!!
And when this happen Microsoft will be out of the game market!!

Who knew Nintendo was a guy.

It's not worth arguing with you anymore. All of your statements are based on crap, false accusations and overall fanboyism.

It's not worth arguing with you anymore. All of your statements are based on crap, false accusations and overall fanboyism.

It took you that long to figure that out?

At least it is fun for a few giggles.

That's right my friend, but if you know here's a Wii forum and here you as a Wii owner, can piss the xbox360/ps3 wherever you want!!

I arguing the true, I remember the Microsoft statement when they launched the xbox360, they praised how powerfull the hardware is and now they detract and praise the software and features. To do this they recognice their strategy failure against Nintendo.

And this is so funny for me, ha, ha, ha!!

If you check the Microsoft trayectory in the past three years, you can see they tried to copy the Nintendo strategy (avatars, friendly xbox live and now the Natal project), but their intents failed. Becose they can't reply the Nintendo Wii sucess. Nintendo is the only console developer that got profit in console sales, instead Microsoft and Sony report losess.

Following this line is complete understandable that project natal will fail too, my point here is; imagine these called xbox360 hardcore gamer playing a game using natal, this will be so funny looking he's moving like a crasy guy in from of the TV, using stupids gestures and all the family members laughs arround him. uh,uh, ha, ha, ha, ha, sorry, sorry, I can't stop, ha, ha, ha!!

And even more Mr. Gates plans to pass this to the PC, these people will look like crasy in from their PC, ha, ha, ha, ha, is soo funny ha, ha, ha....

This is so ridiculous, of course they don't want look like these people and them they don't buy it. That is why the project natal will be a complete failure.
Ha, ha, ha...

Back