Microsoft Ready For Wii "Graduates"?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
Microsoft hopes that gamers who want to "graduate" from the experiences offered by Wii will look to buy an Xbox 360 as their second current-gen console, according to MS exec Jeff Bell.

Bell speaks positively of Wii's mass-market achievement, saying that he's "thankful that the Wii has been able to open up a lot of people's minds that gaming is fun for everyone."

But Bell admits that the hope is 360 will benefit from this extended gaming appeal, by position 360 as the ideal second console. "We're positioning ourselves to be ready if, in fact, gamers find they're ready to graduate from a certain experience potentially with the Wii, either because it's limited on the type of gameplay that's available or the technology in that box."

He went on to add: "We think that we could live very, very well in the same household as the Wii, and we're trying to make sure that when there is that choice for a second console that it is the Xbox 360."

It's the Wii60 revolution even MS' Peter Moore admitted would be commonplace in this generation.

Source

haha pretty passive agressive towards the wii there. but the guy has it right about households having a wii60, with the 360 living well along with the wii.

Why do you keep posting these flame articles? Seriously, these are just PR crap articles made to slant favor.

sagema said:
Why do you keep posting these flame articles? Seriously, these are just PR crap articles made to slant favor.
So why not post some alternative ones instead of bashing people who at least try to engage the community?

Cool on the article and an A+ for Microsoft at least trying to accept people may choose a Wii over a 360 and remedying the situation. I don't mind 360, and I might even choose it over a PS3 if I get some extra money in the future but right now I think even their console is too expensive.

Really what needs to be realized is the price of games, $50-60 is just ridiculous in my opinion (as I don't have an "income").

sagema said:

That isn't flame. I think its very respectable. Microsoft acknowledged the wii as a popular system and is now trying to cooperate with the wii rather than run it out of business.

OMG i'm really beginning to hate microsoft now. It should be the other way around. People need to "graduate" from the 360 and move on to the revolutionary nintendo wii. I say this because I believe that the next consoles will all have motion-sensing capabilities to the wii's extent, because it's just so much better than those old-school analog sticks. But that's just my opinion.

No, I don't want another gaming PC (which is essentially what the 360 and PS3 are), I already have one. Why would I play COD 4 in 720p or 1080p on the 360 (not sure what resolution it is) with a gamepad when I could play with my kbd/mouse in 1920x1200 :ciappa: Thats why I got a Wii...to get a unique experience. I realize there are some 360-only games that are good (Mass Effect), but not enough to make me ditch my PC.

balrogs.pa said:
N-no, because the wii's motion sensor is copyrighted(if im right) why do you think the ps3 is only 6 axis, not 12.
That doesn't mean that other consoles couldn't have motion sensors

balrogs.pa said:
The wii uses analog sticks.
Well yea it uses one, but it's not used for something that needs more precision like aiming.

Xbox360 is a ripoff....I already have the wii for gaming, some of my friends have a 360 which is still broke by the way, and I'd rather get a PS3 for bluray movies plus you'll get free online service

actually it's beleieved that it would be the wii and ps3 because back when playstation was made nintendo was going to sign a contract with sony but backed out of the deal to go with the phillups cd-i, I still beleive they could sign together

What a sack of whining turds. This article is in no way flaming the Wii, infact its somewhat promoting the Wii60! Which IMO is the best Combo.

T3kNi9e said:
What a sack of whining turds. This article is in no way flaming the Wii, infact its somewhat promoting the Wii60! Which IMO is the best Combo.

Spoken like a true [Sarcasm]Gentleman[/Sarcasm]

But no srsly, QFT...

Actually...I like PSWii for teh Blue-Ray...Only need 358 More Dollars!

Back