Microsoft Ready For Wii "Graduates"?

pYRo said:
When did i admit to being a fanboy? Do you think i'm a fanboy just because i have a wii? Well in that case, everyone is a fanboy, according to you. And you still haven't explained why having only a wii limits gaming. Probably because you don't even know what you're talking about.

pYRo said:
Are you calling me STUPID!? WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?
as we see here you claim i'm calling you stupid... (btw, i think im sovieto..)
lets see what post this was in response to though, shall we?

Sovieto said:
wow, this is exactly whats not needed. whether you like it or not wii isnt a great "single console" to own unless youre a complete fanboy (and fanboyism is for stupid people who like to limit their gaming).
hmm, interesting. lets reread that once more.

Sovieto said:
wow, this is exactly whats not needed. whether you like it or not wii isnt a great "single console" to own unless youre a complete fanboy (and fanboyism is for stupid people who like to limit their gaming).
hmm, and back to your post once more...
pYRo said:
Are you calling me STUPID!? WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!?

Ahh, there it is! I rest my case.

Sovieto said:
as we see here you claim i'm calling you stupid... (btw, i think im sovieto..)
lets see what post this was in response to though, shall we?

hmm, interesting. lets reread that once more.

hmm, and back to your post once more...

Ahh, there it is! I rest my case.

No, you just assumed that i was a fanboy, and in the process called me stupid. And you don't even know me. People who make assumptions about others they don't even know just goes to show how lowly they really are.

And with that, i'm done talking to you, because it's frustrating to try and communicate with a complete idiot.
Have a nice day.

Last edited:
I've done it, but that's not saying anything against the Wii. This was clearly going to happen, as Halo is my favorite series. Actually, Wii is kind of a graduation from 360.

Sovieto said:
listen to teknige, anyone saying 360 is just FPS then you are phail to the tenth power. I wasn't aware Gears of War, Mass Effect, Too Human, GTA IV, Lost Odyssey, Dead Rising were FPSs. So are you willing to argue that? Or admit you're indeed, ill-informed.

From the Wikis of the games you provided:
Gears of War -"Gears of War is a tactical third-person shooter video game..."
Mass Effect - "Most main story segments (and many side missions) are geared toward on-foot shooter action."
Too Human - You got me there. Some sort of Diablo-esque RPG game apparently.
GTA IV - "Categories: ... Third-person shooters ... " Granted, that's not the whole game but it is a major part.
Lost Odyssey - An RPG. Not mention of shooters or shooting anywhere.
Dead Rising - "The player controls Frank as he explores the mall, using nearly any available object as a weapon. The player can complete several main and optional missions to earn experience points and gain special abilities." Not a shooter. Sounds a lot like the Blade Runner PC game or Voyeur from a timing perspective but maybe with some beat em up action thrown in?

So half of the examples you gave are 3rd person shooters instead of 1st person. I'm so amazed at the depth of gaming. Two of the others are RPGs. Dead Rising looks interesting and somewhat unique. I'll give you that. So I was misinformed. The 360 is dominated by all shooters except for the good kind.

Beyond what type of games each console "offers," this is reall about how many "casual gamers" are going to buy more than 1 console? I would consider anyone with 2 or more consoles a hardcore gamer in the first place and its not in the majority console owners...

Microsoft knows it gets a good chunk of fan base from the "hardcore fanboys" that they have had since Halo 1.. This may not be the majority of the profit they recieve but they market to them. Thats why everyone associates Xbox with FPS games.
Honestly when Xbox first came out why did everyone buy it? was it just because of adds? I would say a good majority of the "casual" gamers came into the scene because of excitement the "fanboys" were showing about it... "It's got Crazy online play and with some of the Best FPS made in a long time"
Bam they become the number 2 console

This isn't a bad thing its what Microsoft is known for! It's how they have gotten where they have with the Xbox franchise, without it they would have done horribal and been labeled as a Sony rip off... They found there nitch took hold of it and own it!

The thing that "sucks" about Casual Gamers is the fact they do follow word of mouth, popularity, dare i say it the hype of each console. We know all of the big 3 will survive without being number 1 for a Gen or 2, but they try there hardest to stay on top so they can continue to offer us top of the line gaming by getting a good chunck of gaming profit.

There is no shame in wanting to be in 2nd place, this round just happens to be looking better for nintendo. But every system is limited by what they offer and the only way to have a full gaming experience is to own them all. No question about it.

Lets just hope all these new casual gamers that have bought a Wii stick around and do "graduate" and pick up a 360 or ps3 at the least that they stick around and buy a console next Gen, because in the end it bennefits everyone involved with gaming!

hal, you are trying to be a smart ass by pointing out that you shoot in the game... Wow...

3rd person is far from a 1st person game. But if you want to be a smart ass I could give you an extremely long list of games that are no FPS games.

Ace Combat 6
Alan Wake
All-Pro Football 2k8
Amped 3
Assassins Creed
Beautiful Katamari
Bee Movie
Beowulf
Big Bumpin
Blade Storm
Blazing Angels
Blazing Angels 2
Blitz
Blue Dragon
Bomberman Act: Zero
Bullet Witch
Burnout Revenge
Burnout Paradise
Conan
Crackdown
Dark Messiah
Devil May Cry 4
DiRT
Def Jam Icon 5
Enchanted Arms
Eternal Sonata

Would you like me to continue or do you want to keep making yourself look stupid to people who actually know? Because I skipped some games and I still was only in the E's.

Btw, I meant to say "You are what I called a misinformed person. To think Xbox is mainly FPS is way off."

Also about Scene it bundle, it was selling out along with Xbox Arcade so yea...

You also said...

Seems to me if you're a "hardcore" gamer, you're complimenting the 360 with the Wii, not the other way around. Out of curiosity, why does it matter if the 360 "go[es] casual?" Seems like the extra people owning the console would be a good thing?

To answer this, no... I got my Wii first, but when I realized it had such a small library of games and so many low quality 3rd party games I bought 360 to fill that void.

and no, IMO 360 going casual is not a good thing for me. I could care less if it helped it sales because unlike Wii lovers in these forums, I COULD CARE LESS ABOUT SALES. Sales = Jack ****, all I care about is that they make enough money to stay in business and keep releasing quality games.

Sales are exactly how you get more quality games. Sure you will get some crap tossed in there for casual gamers but we get that right now on all the consoles. Just do not buy Cars,Hannah Montana,Viva Pinata or Buzz... No ones forcing you.

But you cant just ignore the fact the more they sell the better it will be. Thats not just game's thats buisness. Your not going to see much advancement if they are just making enough money to get by. Thats not even hardcore thinking thats just selfish.

You might as well just call up Microsoft and tell them to only make games for you and the people you see fit...
Please wait for them to stop laughing and then listen to them explain to you how they are one of the largest companys in the world. It's not by providing an exclusive product to a small group of people. If that were the case you would pay 10 times the amount you are now for an Xbox and games, and would have very few people to play with online as compared to now.

If you want Xbox or any Console to stay in the gaming world for long then you want them to do the best that they can, thats all there is to it.

Which is why I said I don't care as long as they make enough money to stay and business and keep making quality games. IMO let kiddy companies like fisher price handle the casual game trash. A few is okay, but IMO don't go campaigning casual gaming like Nintedo is currently doing. Microsoft is working at getting the casual gamers interested in Xbox, but I doubt they will go far enough where they sacrafice hardcore type games, same with Sony.

But Sony did a smart thing in keeping their PS2 and releasing cheap casual games while releasing all their hardcore things on PS3.

While the Wii is mashing in hardcore and casual on one console. Problem is since 3rd party games do not sell on the Wii unless its casual mini game trash (my opinion) then they don't spend time and money on that. Instead 3rd party devs make more mini-game trash(again, my opinion) because they know its fast and very cheap to make. So even if they sell a small 100,000 copies they make more money than a more quality made game if they sell 500,000 because it costs more and takes more time.

This, in turn leaves Wii with a small handful of quality games (Usually Nintendo developed) while having a big over abundance of mini game trash or just overall casual type games.

But Microsoft has casual games (in a way) up the ass with arcade games. Arcade games are casual in my eyes because you really don't have to spend alot of time playing it or really even get better at it much because they're relatively simply as hell to learn unless you have no hand-eye coordination. But, these arcade games can also be played by the hardcore because their are leaderboards, online play, achievements, etc. etc. They're also extremely cheap. Which is why Microsoft now has the Arcade console which is basically aimed towards casual gamers.

This is why I have my 360 to compliment my Wii. Because I buy/rent the few hardcore/quality games on the Wii. Then I buy anything else I want on the 360 since there's a huge abundace of those games. Then of course being as I dont want to miss out on any huge gaming opportunities, I bought the PS3 for exclusive titles. Except, I don't buy the games, my brother does. See, he has money but he didn't want to spend $400+ on a console, so I bought it and he buys the games. He also has it in his room so thats why he buys it. But besides 1st party IMO PS3 = 360.

So in the end, I could really care less how much 360 sells as long as they...

1. Stay in business
2. Release quality/hardcore games

There are people who go bat **** crazy in happiness saying "OMG Wii Sold 20 Mill!!!"

Okay... Im happy for you, I guess... But so far in a stand point of a person who owns the Wii, you guys are still waiting for those quality hardcore games unlike a few of us who already own a Wii and 360/PS3 who don't have to wait. Im just waiting for new 1st party Wii games like SSBB/Mario Kart. Because in the end im willing to bet my last dollar 360 and PS3 will still dominate the 3rd party division over the Wii by a LONG shot. While Wii is dominating 1st party... But guess what?! I own a Wii so I don't get to miss out on that!

T3kNi9e said:
Which is why I said I don't care as long as they make enough money to stay and business and keep making quality games. IMO let kiddy companies like fisher price handle the casual game trash. A few is okay, but IMO don't go campaigning casual gaming like Nintedo is currently doing. Microsoft is working at getting the casual gamers interested in Xbox, but I doubt they will go far enough where they sacrafice hardcore type games, same with Sony.

But Sony did a smart thing in keeping their PS2 and releasing cheap casual games while releasing all their hardcore things on PS3.

While the Wii is mashing in hardcore and casual on one console. Problem is since 3rd party games do not sell on the Wii unless its casual mini game trash (my opinion) then they don't spend time and money on that. Instead 3rd party devs make more mini-game trash(again, my opinion) because they know its fast and very cheap to make. So even if they sell a small 100,000 copies they make more money than a more quality made game if they sell 500,000 because it costs more and takes more time.

This, in turn leaves Wii with a small handful of quality games (Usually Nintendo developed) while having a big over abundance of mini game trash or just overall casual type games.

But Microsoft has casual games (in a way) up the ass with arcade games. Arcade games are casual in my eyes because you really don't have to spend alot of time playing it or really even get better at it much because they're relatively simply as hell to learn unless you have no hand-eye coordination. But, these arcade games can also be played by the hardcore because their are leaderboards, online play, achievements, etc. etc. They're also extremely cheap. Which is why Microsoft now has the Arcade console which is basically aimed towards casual gamers.

This is why I have my 360 to compliment my Wii. Because I buy/rent the few hardcore/quality games on the Wii. Then I buy anything else I want on the 360 since there's a huge abundace of those games. Then of course being as I dont want to miss out on any huge gaming opportunities, I bought the PS3 for exclusive titles. Except, I don't buy the games, my brother does. See, he has money but he didn't want to spend $400+ on a console, so I bought it and he buys the games. He also has it in his room so thats why he buys it. But besides 1st party IMO PS3 = 360.

So in the end, I could really care less how much 360 sells as long as they...

1. Stay in business
2. Release quality/hardcore games

There are people who go bat **** crazy in happiness saying "OMG Wii Sold 20 Mill!!!"

Okay... Im happy for you, I guess... But so far in a stand point of a person who owns the Wii, you guys are still waiting for those quality hardcore games unlike a few of us who already own a Wii and 360/PS3 who don't have to wait. Im just waiting for new 1st party Wii games like SSBB/Mario Kart. Because in the end im willing to bet my last dollar 360 and PS3 will still dominate the 3rd party division over the Wii by a LONG shot. While Wii is dominating 1st party... But guess what?! I own a Wii so I don't get to miss out on that!

Mainly because its about to pass the Gamecube's overall console sales :lol:

wezeles said:
But you cant just ignore the fact the more they sell the better it will be. Thats not just game's thats buisness.

Yep. That's a pretty sound bit of business logic you can't dismiss. Well said.

Back