Microsoft slaps Sony..Again

You all have to understand. Competition is competition. Microsoft wants to be the juggernaut of the video gaming industry, but they need to understand Sony and Nintendo are the veterans..Microsoft is trying to make a name for itself in the video gaming industry and it did a hella good job on the 360.

I know that move Microsoft pulled off is a scandal..But if you want to see your hotmail account, just use your computer. :eek:

Gymdawg said:
I highly doubt Microsoft set out to specifically work against Sony, not that it's not below them to attempt such a thing, it's just that, as far as I know, the PS3 doesn't broadcast to a website that it is, in fact, a PS3. It's quite possible that the user simply doesn't have cookies enabled...

Nope. Otherwise i wouldnt have posted this now..would i?

Its going to get more interesting when Apple gets into the mix with their attempts at Gaming consoles. Cause if you think this is bad, wait till you see Apples methods of dealing with competitors.

Hotmail is a piece of crap. It gets backhacked(people hack the server) all the time. If you set your cookies to high security you can't login to Hotmail. Sony should see that as an advantage. The PS3 is too secure to allow Hotmail to run.

BTW I still use Hotmail. Why? Because it gives me 10mb attachment space, and it's much faster than Yahoo.

most people that buy ps3's are the type of guys that REALLY annoy me. but its still vry bastard like of microsoft. Also, nintendo IS a threat to microsoft, but i think you guys are forgetting that nintendo and microsoft are working together to crush ps3 before it has a chance to take off. (which it wont anyway)

The wii vs Xbox thing has been put on hold, right now the PS3 is the target for both companies.

I dont like alot of sony fans either, because they are too one sided....... But like the other person said, this is a competetion lol. You don't mix pleasure nor family with business.. But i am not sure if they would stoop so low even though they have a one year head start... but even if mircosoft was threaten by the wii because if they show signs of weakness they will be crushed in the gaming industry. So no matter what they have to believe in their products to the max. Next thing you know sony is trying to team up with nintendo to get back at mircosoft lol.

mk_south_london said:
Apparently users of the ps3 who try 2 access their Hotmail accounts are notified of their cookies being disabled and cannot read their emails.
If this message is true, isn't it the PS3 which cannot accept the cookies? If it's not, then isn't that the PS3 settings which prevent cookies or it's Sony lying to it's customers (with that message)...

There's plenty of other websites that use the cookie feature, in order to access it. Are those effected? (that wasn't a rhitorical question).

hotpotato78 said:
I dont like alot of sony fans either, because they are too one sided....... But like the other person said, this is a competetion lol. You don't mix pleasure nor family with business.. But i am not sure if they would stoop so low even though they have a one year head start... but even if mircosoft was threaten by the wii because if they show signs of weakness they will be crushed in the gaming industry. So no matter what they have to believe in their products to the max. Next thing you know sony is trying to team up with nintendo to get back at mircosoft lol.

You dont like sony fans because they are one sided? The same can be said for the Wii fans here in this forum. The truth is, fanboys are one sided regardless of the system they associate themselves with. There is no one side thats worse than the other.

As for sony and nintendo teaming up, they already did to beat sega way back in time. Then nintendo betrayed sony for their next project the (snes cd) and pulled out of the project to work with a european company, phillips. There was a backlash as many japanese found this move as a betrayal to not just the companies but to japan as a nation itself. Thus Sony continued by themselves and the playstation was born. Its really interesting the history of how these things come to be.

But anyways, only consumers suffer when companies attack eachother. Competition based off a superior product is always better than competition based off harming their opponent.

Last edited:
I can get on my hotmail on the Wii so I think that Microsoft is against Sony completely or something, maybe just a bug, idk. :ee5k:

Squall7 said:
If this message is true, isn't it the PS3 which cannot accept the cookies? If it's not, then isn't that the PS3 settings which prevent cookies or it's Sony lying to it's customers (with that message)...

There's plenty of other websites that use the cookie feature, in order to access it. Are those effected? (that wasn't a rhitorical question).

no...users were able 2 access hotmail a while ago. Now itz gone

mk_south_london said:
no...users were able 2 access hotmail a while ago. Now itz gone
Ah, ok. So it's either Microsoft not wanting people accessing their service on a rival's machine, or Sony not wanting people accessing their rival's service...

i just tried doing this then, worked fine, yet another rumour, this is BULLSHIT

Sony could make all Sony movies f**k up the 360 that would be genius but illegal

Shiftfallout said:
You dont like sony fans because they are one sided? The same can be said for the Wii fans here in this forum. The truth is, fanboys are one sided regardless of the system they associate themselves with. There is no one side thats worse than the other.

The sony fanboys and fans are more one sided in my opinion, because most of them who claims to be hardcore gamers(because only hard core gamers plays the playstation) doesn't consider nintendo of being a real system and that it is kiddie and a toy and what ever else $hit they run on with... You don't hear nintendo fans saying "sony is to mature or sony isn't kiddie it's for people like my granddad who was in wars" To me sony fans aren't versatile at all. I'm sure you would get a nintendo fan to play a playstation game quicker than you would get a sony fan to play a nintendo game. And you can't even deny that. Every console publisher is going to have one sided people but the quantity of them won't be the same.

Back