Might be gettin a PS3 for the blu-ray! (need help)

JAKE196

Cogito Ergo Sum
Sep 21, 2007
Williamsburg, VA (U.S.A.)
Well next year my family might be getting a HD TV and a blu-ray player. So I talked to my dad and I said why don't we get a ps3, I'll pay for half of it, and he said yes. It is not definite but still, I can hope.

So Which version is $400 and Which versions are backwards compatible? Also I heard some don't have Wi-fi (Which ones?), and can you get online any other way?

Also how much memory do you really need anyway. . .

thanx

You cannot play PS2 games on the 40 GB model of the PS3 so you would want the 80 GB model (the only other option). If price is an issue, then the 40 GB model is the better choice since the 80 GB model cost $499 opposed to $399.

FR. said:
You cannot play PS2 games on the 40 GB model of the PS3 so you would want the 80 GB model (the only other option). If price is an issue, then the 40 GB model is the better choice since the 80 GB model cost $499 opposed to $399.
hmm. . . how much is the 20 GB model and does that have backwards compatibility?

JAKE196 said:
arg that sucks. . . I guess I would get the 40 GB version.

How much memory do PS3 games take up exactly?
don't worry ps3 games take up very little space(i know cus i have a 40gb ps3)

Wii_Smurf said:
I think only the big ones [60/80Gb] can play PS2/PS1 games
I just looked it up - 20 GB's have backwards compatibility but 40 GB's don't. . . could I try to find a 20 GB even though they are not in production? If so it seems the 20 doesn't have wi-fi, can you get online with a LAN adapter or something?

EDIT: well anyway thanks guys I guess if i do get one it'll be the 40 GB.

Last edited:
yeah i have the 40gb, its more than enough memory, twice as much as 360 and i dont even have my 360 hard drive full yet.

Back