miimovies

Gilan4ever

WiiChat Member
Sep 15, 2007
Before you say don't link to sites that are illegal perhaps you know what your talking about first.

explain how miimovies.net is illegal? I'd like to know. All the videos found there are links to other sites who actually host them.

For Example youtube.com when a user creates an account there they must agree to the UA which says you will only upload content you own.
or have permission to do so.
So whos to say that those movies are not owned by said uploaded, or the have permission.

Have you ever heard of Public domain as an example?

Do you the webmaster of this site OWN the copyright or have permission to use the WII graphics you display I doubt it.

Anyways, you post information about video 9 which is offering the same thing.
It is illegal to upload a dvd to your pc to view with your wii. Makin copies of dvds or cds is illegal period no matter if you own the dvd or cd.

Just thought I throw this out since the webmaster here. Assumes he knows what is and is not illegal. :ciappa:

Websites have been shut down by RIAA lawsuits just by linking to files on other sites that violate copyrights.

skippy, its not illegal. linking to sites where they hold the movies isnt. uploading them onto the site is. meaning all the links destinations are illegal. the site with the links? not.

just because sites like youtube have them on their site doesnt mean it isnt illegal. youtube gets rid of those files when they get reported. they dont have enough people to sit and go through the thousands of vids to make sure they are all legal. also making copys of your own DVDs/games IS NOT illegal. as long as you keep them for yourself and dont sell/give them away there is nothing illegal about it. they cannot stop you from making backups to protect the original. as skippy said, there have been websites shut down just for linking to the files.

So according to what your saying sites that index links such as search engines are illegal? And lets say Some links to a video on youtube that was illegally uploaded. the site linking to the video has commited what illegal act? If its an illegal video and youtube deletes its then what, the link on the no longer goes to the video. I see alot of assumtions floating around here.

Skippy said:
Websites have been shut down by RIAA lawsuits just by linking to files on other sites that violate copyrights.
Can you provide proof?
And linking to "files" is not the same as linking to youtube.com.

Gilan4ever said:
Can you provide proof?
And linking to "files" is not the same as linking to youtube.com.

The original suprnova.org was shut down due to legal threats. The original Napster wa sued into oblivion too. Neither of those sites actually hosted any copyrighted material, they just provided the information needed to find it.

Back