Mike Reid Dies of Heart Attack

King Wiired

HITLER ME JEZ
Aug 8, 2006
United Kingdom Status : Stunnin'
Wii Online Code
8756-4872-6334-8478
Yahoo said:
The actor Mike Reid has died, his agent David Hahn told BBC News 24.

(Advertisement)
Reid, most famous for his role as EastEnders' Frank Butcher, was 67. He died of a heart attack

He first appeared on the soap in September 1987 and gave his last turn in December 2005.

Mr Hahn told the BBC: "Mike was a very, very, very funny man. He would see the funny side of every situation no matter how black it was. Even now I am sure he is laughing."

Close friend of the actor and fellow comedian Frank Carson, speaking from Spain, had only just heard of his death and told BBC 24 it was "absolutely devastating".

Clearly emotional, Mr Carson said: "Goodness me, this is absolutely devastating. We have just lost our friend Bernard Manning a fortnight ago. I just can't realise... this is devastating news."

Reid, who played wheeler and dealer Frank Butcher in the BBC1 soap, rose to fame on London's comedy circuit.

In the 1960s he worked as a stand-up comedian in clubs and aboard cruise liners. He was one of the original stars of The Comedians, a popular TV series of the 1970s that was produced by Johnnie Hamp for Granada Television.

It was not until the 1980s that his big break came when he secured the part of EastEnder Frank Butcher. He joined the show in 1987 and quickly turning Frank into one of the show's most popular characters.

After taking a couple of lengthy breaks from the show due to stress, he finally left in 2000 when he announced he was leaving permanently. He made his last appearance as Frank in December 2005 when his long-standing relationship with ex-wife Pat Evans finally came to an end. He went on to appear in Guy Ritchie's gangster movie Snatch.

Daaamn :| bit of a shocker. His stand-up was quality. R.I.P Frank Butcher

Argggggggggggh
All the comedains are dieing
Where all fooked

I'll always remember him for this for some strange reason =/

06_birthday.jpg

OMG ! I got scared because I thought WIIRED DIED !

Seriosuly, well I never heard of him, but I thought YOU died, and somebody just posted on your name.......well I feel like a dumb-ass. :/

Close, It's a shame you have the ability to miss the most important information

most famous for his role as EastEnders' Frank Butcher, was 67. He died of a heart attack

Lol, I didn't really know of him but R.I.P

Back