Milking it as usual!!

Wiidad

Parent of the Wiikid
so i bought the Wii for the Wiikid @ christmas and decided that i would also buy a second Remote.

Dont get me wrong its a kool toy but as a parents point of view..

why the bloomin eck did they not do the nunchuck and the remote as a pair.

we now have to wait for the shops to open again before we can go and buy the second nunchuck.

These manufacturers really know how to drag every last penny out of people..

also on a second note we were looking at the Wii Credits...

1000 credits is 6.99
3000 credits is 21.00
5000 credits is 35.00

i see this as no incentive for people to buy more as there are no discounts involved for bulk buying...

Come on nintendo dont forget to look after the people that are lining your pockets !!!!

haha this is going to be an interesting ride :)
i can be the grumpy parent :)

Last edited:
If they included the nunchuck in with the Wiimote, the price would only go up to be the same as if you bought them seperatly. So it doesn't matter.

i dont have a problem with that.. im not dumb enough to think it would be free.

maybe a small reduction for buying the 2 together to increase possible sales.

and as i amongst many parents were dumb enough to think we had bought everything we needed for that dream christmas present so we could all have fun on christmas day getting battered by the square eyed kid!!

Wiidad said:
maybe a small reduction for buying the 2 together to increase possible sales.
But think about the suffering we would take in if they did that! That would mean we pay less, right? So less money goes to Nintendo. What happens when Nintendo doesn't get money? They go broke! What happens when Nintendo go broke? Thousands of people commit suicide, maybe your son for instance. With Nintendo broke the world would be destroyed.

For the sake of humanity, I think an extra $5-10 dollars might be well spent.

bah as if they are not making enough money allready........

i would imagine the markup is only @ appx 500% on the manufacturing costs.

but then again i am not in the world where suicide and nintendo go in the same sentence...

Once the production numbers increase I would imagine complete controller packages will be available. For now I see it as a simple matter of getting whatever they can out on the shelves as fast as they can. With even the Wiimotes and Nunchuks selling out in certain places you can't really blame them.

1000 credits is 6.99
3000 credits is 21.00
5000 credits is 35.00

On the topic of credits, I never got that, its cheaper to buy 1000 at a time, when it should be marginally cheaper to buy in bulk.

cloud s7rife said:
Yeah. The fact that 5x1000 credits is cheaper than 1x5000 is beyond me.

WTF Nintendo?
point cards are sold at retail stores for parents/gradparents/kids without credit cards to buy.

get your points off the online store through your wii and the prices make more sense.
and no tax!

well if a nunchuk was included with a wiimote, t would obviously cost a bit more, and there are people out there who have no need for an extra nunchuck, 4 wiimotes and 2 nunchuks is all i realy need, but if I get a game that could really be fun for more people involved and needs more nunchucks then i would consider getting 1 or 2 more...

what Im saying is, I wouldnt wanna fork out the extra cash if I was only going to use one of them

I still dont get what people are complaining about when it comes to pricing, Ive taken multiple marketing classes in high school and alot of that money they make is put through alot, its a japanese company for crying out loud, unlike american they arent that corrupt, racking in wads of cash just to give to their highest paid man as a retirement bonus at the age of 30, so be happy....

Last edited:
Ooooh, you save a whole penny! So what, it's just so if you wanna buy a lot then you don't have to go through the whole process 5 times. Besides, the price for Microsoft Points is the same (500 for $6.25, 1000 for $12.50, etc.) and the price for Xbox Live is the same price every month, no matter the bulk buying. Unless you buy a year's subscription starter kit thingy. Who cares.

Also, what if your Wiimote breaks (and it's all your fault so you can't return it), would you want to pay an extra $20 for an extra nunchuck you won't even use?

get your points off the online store through your wii and the prices make more sense.
and no tax!

Yes, there is tax, you have to tell them what county you live in so they can apply it....though you could just say you live in Oregon...

Last edited:
ThatGuy127 said:
Yes, there is tax, you have to tell them what county you live in so they can apply it....though you could just say you live in Oregon...
i didnt pay tax, i live in maryland. maryland has taxes normally.

Or you could just actually LIVE in Oregon....
You freaks not living in Oregon. pfff....
What are you THINKING?? No other state even comes CLOSE to the awesomeness of Oregon for a thousand different reasons.
No sales tax is pretty high on the list.

I live about an hour north of Oregon, but I don't think any of the awesomeness rubs off on me :(...

Back