Minority Report Interface with the Wiimote

Wiinter

Audentes fortuna iuvat
Apr 20, 2007
Wii Online Code
8745-5143-2651-5351
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0awjPUkBXOU[/MEDIA]

Nice, low tech hack. Via Joystiq

Very nice I'll have to try that some time its kinda like microsofts new touch table thingy where it detects multiple touch points with lasers

coldpwnage said:
that is awesome! :worship: but.. where do you find IR LEDs, outside of eBay? :confused:

Radio Shack. Ebay has much better deals. Especially if you're building an array.

Cool Stuff.
But if you wanted to have some good fun with it , it might be hard.
Wiimote shuts off after not touching it for a while.

That is right if you are pointing it works but you wouldn't be able to do anything but point because you don't because you can't press any buttons.

CantGetAWii said:
Cool Stuff.
But if you wanted to have some good fun with it , it might be hard.
Wiimote shuts off after not touching it for a while.

If it's connected to your PC, it doesn't shut off.

PS3Stinks said:
That is right if you are pointing it works but you wouldn't be able to do anything but point because you don't because you can't press any buttons.

There are some applications where that is enough. You have two inputs to manipulate, and a number of ways to make them interactive. As you saw in the video, he was able to zoom in and on the object, and move it from side to side. For some applications, including some games, you really don't need much more than that.

That is great. I sure you could even make some gesture commands for some games.

Like tap your fingers together

I dont know, but it sure looks cool.

wauw!!!!!!!

That is very cool! Anyone find the resemblens between this and the new computer microsoft is working on?( You know that big ass table! )

The part where this guy is turning and rotating a square looks a lot like that!

Back