Miyamoto confirms Wii Sports Faces

i0n

:eek:
Apr 30, 2006
UK
As many of you can probably remember from E3, Miyamotos demonstarion of the Wii tennis game featured a cartoon version of his face.

Since then there has been a lot of speculation as to whether this will indeed be a feature of the game or more likely a crafty exclusive demo for the E3 trade show.

Earlier this week however Miyamoto confirmed that it will be an option in the game that players can digitise their faces onto the characters.

Miyamoto:
“Wii Sports” series features these little models which you can put your own faces on … and then you may start to see those characters, with faces you’ve created, appearing in different games on the Wii system.”
Sadly he failed to comment on what other games this technology will be used and more importantly, how is this all done?

Sadly he failed to comment on what other games this technology will be used and more importantly, how is this all done?

just speculation, but i'd bet the wii orchestra will allow you to use the faces bc the character models look to be similar in style

as for how, it is possible already using either presets or variable values to define a face (most mmorpgs have systems using either of these approaches), since no camera or anything has been mentioned and i highly doubt its a do-it-yourself jpg file, it will probably be one of these approaches

Yeah, I'll be a little disappointed if its just a RPG style face editor. Yeah, in THEORY you could make it look like yourself but who can ever actually do that without a team of programmers and artists like they would have had for the demo? No one.

For anyone that's played any of the Sims games, I reckon it'll resemble something like that where you design your character from head to foot.

The Wii will have a couple USB ports. Maybe you can plug in a digital camera and use an editing program built into the system.

For some reason this isn't really my cup of tea, I don't know why, it might be on more action type games though. I'd rather see you being able to make yourself as a character on SSBB.

Back