Miyamoto: Not everything needs to be in 3D

castlezelda

WiiChat Member
Feb 7, 2007
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
According to wii.qj.net, Not everything needs to be in 3D says Shigeru

While everyone is going agog over 3D technology, Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto once again goes against the flow. For him, not everything has to be in 3D.

Said Miyamoto:

I don't think everything needs to be 3D, or that just because we're seeing more 2D games now, that everything's going to shift back to 2D. I think that what's going on is that people are realizing the benefits of a 3D game, and at the same time, remembering what the benefits of 2D games were. When going to 2D, you need the courage to not be so attached to visual appearance of the games and to really pursue the gameplay experience.

I'd say I agree on what he said about not being attached to the visual appearance. Games, first and foremost, are meant to be played anyway. It helps entice players more into enjoying the game, yes, but ultimately, it's the gameplay that should matter more.

Are you a gameplay or a graphics person?

Try asking people from 20 years ago.

Try asking people from 20 years ago.
hell, 10 years ago will give you roughly the same answer. i grew up 2D until i got a PS2.

and Miyamoto is right. with 2D, gameplay is the focus. its why 2D has more quality games compared to today. to much about graphics or sound and such. hell even story gets pushed a little too much. first comes gameplay then story then everything else. even if a game is just stick figures, if the gameplay is good enough then everything else is secondary concerns.

Back