Miyamoto's "Never Seen" Ratchet And Clank?

CantGetAWii

WiiChat Member
Dec 22, 2006
WiiChat
Wii Online Code
3099-0319-5478-2979
When asked if Mario Galaxy was inspired by Ratchet And Clank..Miyamoto had this to say :lol:

Insomniac Games said a while back that it was "flattered" that the spherical worlds of Mario Galaxy were inspired by Ratchet and Clank. But Miyamoto says he's never heard of it.

Official Nintendo Magazine UK asked the father of Mario what he thought about Insomiac's comments in a recent interview, to be published in the next issue (Issue 25). But instead of acknowledging Insomniac's work, he asked: "Is it a PC game?"

Miyamoto said he was "surprised" by Insomniac's comment. "In terms of the spherical worlds and anti-gravity," he went on to explain, "we had the original idea as soon as we finished the development of Mario 64 and had been experimenting with it for many years, even on the N64."

(What we wouldn't give to play those prototypes.)

"It's not an idea we got from anywhere else," adds Miyamoto, before adding: "I'm sorry but I have to admit that I've never seen the game in question. Is it a PC game?"

Miyamoto learns from no-one.

You can read the full four-page interview in issue 25 of Official Nintendo Magazine UK, which features a six-page report on No More Heroes, a big 2008 preview feature and a free calendar. It's on sale Friday 21 Dec (cover image pictured).

Source:
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=177554

I can believe this. He IS stationed in Japan and he IS very busy.

+ thats a bs claim, we all know they started working on galaxy way before the new ratchet and clank.

sounds like someone just got fed some pwnflak3s for breakfast!

I thought R&C was coming to Wii by the topic name.
With the with the Wiimote being the wrench and the guns.

Oh well!!
:lol:

Miyamoto just dropped from "UB3R 1337 AWESOME" to "1337 AWESOME". How could, arguably, the biggest name in gaming not know such a big (and incredible) franchise?

ssbb_lover said:
Miyamoto just dropped from "UB3R 1337 AWESOME" to "1337 AWESOME". How could, arguably, the biggest name in gaming not know such a big (and incredible) franchise?

Everyone's goo:

Miyamoto = Good
Insomniac = Goomba

I understand why he wouldn't have ever heard of it. I mean he works hard on his stuff Nintendo that he probably doesn't have the time of day to play a Sony owned game.

HHAAAAAA!!!! That should shut up those damn SONY fanboys who want to say that galaxy is a ratchet rip off!!!!! Miyamoto for president baby!!!!!!

It's pretty well known that Miyamoto, even though he makes games, has never really had too much time to enjoy them. I can say it's possible that it's true.

Miyamoto out of da loopz.

Wow, that must have made Insomniac Games look so bad. :lol:
Personally, I love the Ratchet and Clank games, but I really do think that Miyamoto did not get any inspiration from those games simply because, as far as I am concerned, there is no link between both games, except for the fact that they are both set in space.

Back