MLB2K Videos

i didnt think it looked too bad. it wasnt horrible. 2k6 for the gamecube i thought was horrible. That was the first game i think i couldnt play because of how bad it looked and played. But this one looks ok. I read that a game magazine gave the xbox 360 version a 7.2. so figure the wii will be less then that like a 6.5. hopefully ign will have a review tonight or tomorrow. they said in the podcast they had a lot of time with it. One thing i immediatley noticed in the first video was, the SP for the twins, Sanatana. Hes not on the twins. Hes on the mets, was 2k too lazy to fix this? on other promo videos for 360 and ps3, hes wearing a Mets uniform. Assuming Bozon was playing this game maybe either A) He got the game before the trade or it was a old copy or B) He traded him back to the twins.. We will find out tomorrow. I got my call from Gamestop saying it will be in tomorrow. Il try to post a review once i play it a little. So maybe tomorrow night.

the videos arent the worlds greatest compared to those 360 ones but at least i know what to expect on the wii now,HOPEFULLY it has the cards and minor league(or at least the stadiums) because aside from graphics(which once its decent like better than mvp 05)i want everything else the same on the wii as it is to 360,only 18 more hours to find out lol

no online, no cards, no playable minor league teams-all confirmed.. but lets hope it will still be good.

never played online so it wont matter,the cards thing seemed real cool though,sadly its not gonna be avaliable,by no minors do u mean i just cant play with them or they arent in the game,like my team just has 25 guys without a minor league system?i dont care about playing with them seeing how i never did in mvp baseball

it will have minor league teams to demote/promote but u cant play them

fair enough,but the cards are only for online mode anyways arent they(like theres no point in having cards if u cant use them) but from what i heard those cards have all star,rookie teams along with historical stadiums so i guess we miss out on that?
How accurate are the rosters? And since the wii doesnt have online play does that mean we wont be able to get online roster updates either?

Last edited:
I'm definitely worried about the roster situation. Johan Santana plays for the Mets now in what has been the biggest off-season trade by far. I'm pretty sure the XBox 360 version has him on the Mets, but he is still pitching for the Twins in these Wii videos. Hopefully the producers didn't just half-ass this version.

MLB The Show for PS2 is looking pretty good on the other hand. It received an 8 from IGN, so it's an option if this one doesn't turn out ok.

Thrash13 said:
I'm definitely worried about the roster situation. Johan Santana plays for the Mets now in what has been the biggest off-season trade by far. I'm pretty sure the XBox 360 version has him on the Mets, but he is still pitching for the Twins in these Wii videos. Hopefully the producers didn't just half-ass this version.

MLB The Show for PS2 is looking pretty good on the other hand. It received an 8 from IGN, so it's an option if this one doesn't turn out ok.

Are you serious? They still got Johan on the Twins? Wow if thats true then thats a big disapointment for me. Im a Met fan and that just might stop me from gettin it..(not really).

Do you guys think the controls will be similar to The Bigs?.

If the controls are anything like it, I'll definitely purchase this game.

got the game.. i played 4 about 3 min cause i have to out in a few min. i dont want 2 say anything because i didnt get a good idea of how it is.. i did Yanks vs Sox. I was home. i didnt do the tutorial to pitch but it seemed obviouse. im not sure how fast you pitch makes a differnece in the game. but i gave up 2 homers in 4-5 batters. but once again i didnt really aim and choose good pitches. the graphics are ok. thats all i can say for now. the controls are probably similar to THE BIGS. I tried to rob a homer and the guy dove down, but im not sure if i was doing it right. il be home by 7, i might eat dinner then play, but i will write up a better review later.. so im not sure how this game is.
If you guys want, write down ur questions and i will try to give u answers later. I will also check rosters later too.

Back