Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

MmMm Sweet delicious Nintendo.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by ~Marisa~, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ~Marisa~

~Marisa~ Ngiyabonga, my friend.

Hello, My name is Marisa. I'm 18 years old and a huge Nintendo fan. I came here from Gamespot, which I left because the forums were very...let's just say not fun anymore. I can't wait for the Wii and am so looking forward to buying it. For me, the Xbox360 and PS3 (especially because they continuously steal ideas from Nintendo) don't even compair. Feel free to message me anytime you want ^.^ And with that said, I'll leave you with a bizarre little story of twisted humor. Don't worry, I made sure it's not graphic. I don't want to get banned ALREADY hehehehe

At the 1994 annual awards dinner given by the American Association for Forensic Science, AAFS President Don Harper Mills astounded his audience in San Diego with the legal complications of a bizarre death. Here is the story.

"On 23 March 1994, the medical examiner viewed the body of Ronald Opus and concluded that he died from a shotgun wound of the head. The decedent had jumped from the top of a ten-story building intending to commit suicide (he left a note indicating his despondency). As he fell past the ninth floor, his life was interrupted by a shotgun blast through a window, which killed him instantly. Neither the shooter nor the decedent was aware that a safety net had been erected at the eighth floor level to protect some window washers and that Opus would not have been able to complete his suicide anyway because of this."

"Ordinarily," Dr. Mills continued, "a person who sets out to commit suicide ultimately succeeds, even though the mechanism might not be what he intended. That Opus was shot on the way to certain death nine stories below probably would not have changed his mode of death from suicide to homicide. But the fact that his suicidal intent would not have been successful caused the medical examiner to feel that he had homicide on his hands.

"The room on the ninth floor whence the shotgun blast emanated was occupied by an elderly man and his wife. They were arguing and he was threatening her with the shotgun. He was so upset that, when he pulled the trigger, he completely missed his wife and the pellets went through the window, striking Opus.

"When one intends to kill subject A but kills subject B in the attempt, one is guilty of the murder of subject B. When confronted with this charge, the old man and his wife were both adamant that neither knew that the shotgun was loaded. The old man said it was his long-standing habit to threaten his wife with the unloaded shotgun. He had no intention to murder her - therefore, the killing of Opus appeared to be an accident. That is, the gun had been accidentally loaded.

"The continuing investigation turned up a witness who saw the old couple's son loading the shotgun approximately six weeks prior to the fatal incident. It transpired that the old lady had cut off her son's financial support and the son, knowing the propensity of his father to use the shotgun threateningly, loaded the gun with the expectation that his father would shoot his mother. The case now becomes one of murder on the part of the son for the death of Ronald Opus."

There was an exquisite twist. "Further investigation revealed that the son had become increasingly despondent over the failure of his attempt to engineer his mother's murder. This led him to jump off the ten-story building on March 23, only to be killed by a shotgun blast through a ninth story window.
    "The medical examiner closed the case as a suicide."

2. Mr_Stoukaph

Mr_Stoukaph WiiChat Member

Wii Friend Code: 2509-0795-4188-6793
    2509-0795-4188-6793
    wow, umm...interesting story. oh yeah, and welcome to wiichat

3. Arcadium

Arcadium Not Banned

Wii Friend Code: 6980-3796-3948-8393
    6980-3796-3948-8393
    What a great story :) and thee one who wrote it is really talented, anyway Welcome to the forum and its nice to have a girl in the paths!

4. Lachadine

Lachadine Banned

hi Marisa! welcome to wiichat. that story was...perplexing, but cool in a strange way.:p

5. KraZy

KraZy Future Wii Owner

Nice story. That was the first thing i read in a long time. lol
    PS:i have a short attention span.

6. Oxywolf

Oxywolf Future Wii Owner

Hey I just joined today to! So This will be my first time Welcoming someone!
    Welcome Marisa!

7. ~Marisa~

Haha, don't worry about it. I do too :p

8. KraZy

KraZy Future Wii Owner

Good to hear. All my friends like to read soo I stick out as the odd one.

9. ~Marisa~

Well, the odd thing is that I adore reading and can do it endlessly, same with gaming. Yet, I have a short attention span lol :tard:

10. KraZy

KraZy Future Wii Owner

maybe it just depends on the book and/or game.

11. Kalimar

Kalimar WiiChat Member

Welcome, Marisa, to Nintendo Wii Chat! I hope you like it here, for we are a lovable band of...well...Nintendo lovers! If you ever need anything, just send me a pm. Wonderful story! I like you already! ^_^

12. ~Marisa~

Why thank you :D I'll keep that in mind. Since you're on the subject of helping me selflessly....You wouldn't mind pre-ordering and shipping me a Wii would you? :lol:

13. KraZy

KraZy Future Wii Owner

I want one too kalimar.

14. Lachadine

Lachadine Banned

so what games are you into?

15. ~Marisa~

Bad question to ask hehehe. If I were to answer, you'd be here allllll day

16. Lachadine

Lachadine Banned

ok...do you like ssb, zelda, and mario games? (i cant see why anyone wouldnt)

17. ~Marisa~

Of course, that's like asking if I like to breath! :D

18. Kalimar

Kalimar WiiChat Member

Preorder you a Wii? Maybe if I had the money. I don't even have enough to get myself one at this point. Due to a series of unfortunate events, I had to pull out of my life gaurd training. So I'm jobless right now. However, I have considered getting one of those jobs where I play games and get payed for it (such jobs exist). After seeing some of your posts (grr...that Togg. >_>), I'm sure we'll become great friends! ^_^

19. Lachadine

Lachadine Banned

well thats a start!

20. ~Marisa~

Aww, I'm sorry about your bad circumstances, best of luck! You should try applying at Home Depot, you'll get dental, ortho, life insurance, half your car insurance paid, half college tuition paid, medical, home policies if your house is destroyed in a natural disaster, get to take your breaks/lunches when you want, no dress code except basic appropriate stuff, no stupid outfits you have to wear, don't constantly have a mean supervisor over your shoulder, amazing paid vacations, if you want to transfer they pay for the gas, car rental, apartment, plane ticket until you get settled plus many more amazing things. This all applies to if you work full or part time. It's really a wonderful job. Assuming, though, you live in the US hehe. They have some in China I believe as well, they're becoming world-wide.

Yeah, he's a difficult kid lol. I have no doubt we'll be good friends :D :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.