MMORPG For The Wii - The Petition!

If anyone can get in touch with small-time game developers, then surely we could pay them to make an MMO and market it on Virtual console. Nintendo said that kind of thing would be possible already.

k call me stupid but I prefer shooter, however i'll sign it cuz I'd want you to do the same for me...
I know what RPG is but what does MMO stand for?!?!

wiiCrazy said:
I know what RPG is but what does MMO stand for?!?!

Massive Multiplayer Online RolePlaying Game hence MMORPG

Rancid said:
guess you guys haven't heard...

New Generation: *Rumor* Square making a Secret of Mana MMO for Wii?

not zelda but its one of the Mana games. nothing other then ones in the making has been released.

As for that I simply love idea Secret of Mana is one of my favourite snes games though I'm not really sure what I think about Square as a mmorpg developer I was not too fond of FF one.

Last edited:
Nicod3mus said:
I would beg them to port Vanguard but it's a SOE game so yeah....not happening.

No it's not... It is Sigil's game! Besides, I am in beta (yeah yeah, I know I just broke the NDA, but everyone the NDA concerns has already seen my post on the beta previews thread on the official forums), and I doubt even 4 PS3s combined could support the high requirements. I think you need atleast a Geforce 6800 or Radeon 1600 to play now. :ee5k:

I would go on about how wonderful the game is, but I will not be playing it... So...

Wii MMORPG FTW!!

Kherrek508 said:
No it's not... It is Sigil's game! Besides, I am in beta (yeah yeah, I know I just broke the NDA, but everyone the NDA concerns has already seen my post on the beta previews thread on the official forums), and I doubt even 4 PS3s combined could support the high requirements. I think you need atleast a Geforce 6800 or Radeon 1600 to play now. :ee5k:

I would go on about how wonderful the game is, but I will not be playing it... So...

Wii MMORPG FTW!!

SOE is the publisher...sigil is the developer. Sigil has some type of partnership in the publishing wich is uncommon but Sigil is still the developer and SOE is the publisher. I am in the beta as well.

Does anyone have any more info on the Square Enix Mana MMORPG rumors?

Can i just make a point ive just thought about in the last couple of seconds.
Its never going to happen!
Sorry to say this
MMORPGS will never happen for any consoles
Online RPGs, yes
MMORPGS, no.
One simple reason why. Developers pour alot of money into the MMORPG because they expect to make alot of profit through suscription fees. Lets just say on average a console lasts 5 years an MMO expects the game to be played much longer than 5 years with the help of expansions etc, however once it hit 5 years people will just move onto the next-gen console to play a next-gen MMO and the cycle starts again. The only way a company would release an MMORPG is if it was released at launch so it has the maximun console life span to make its money.
To be fair an MMO on a console is highly unlikely due to generation of consoles changing over half decade. The thing about PC's is that a PC will never change.

with the whole 5 years life span on a console...does that also apply to the Wii? it is kinda unique, I mean in 5 years sony and microsoft will prolly follow suit and make a console like the Wii. either nintendo will make some crazy cool new virtual reality console or they will make a Wii with better graphics. Though im not 100% up to date with new technologies and 5 years is a long time :p

There has already been an MMO for a console. FFXI.

There are 2 MMO's for the Wii in planning stages now.

After playing MMO's for almost 15 years I can tell you that there are very few games that have a lifespan of 5 years. If the game is that good people will continue to play on the next gen nintendo console. Where you totally miss the boat is that the idea that a next gen console will hurt the game. Great console MMO's are coming.........watch and learn.

Last edited:
sounds good, only curious thing is fees, i mean i havent played the FF MMO, do they charge u monthly? or are consoles exempt from the whole fee play thingo :p

Youma said:
sounds good, only curious thing is fees, i mean i havent played the FF MMO, do they charge u monthly? or are consoles exempt from the whole fee play thingo :p
No, consoles aren't exempt from MMO fees.

Back