MMORPG For The Wii - The Petition!

i am sure we will see one that is only for the wii i mean the gamecube was more powerful than the ps2 so the wii can do it graphically, if its only on the wii then how ever they make the remote do things it will work. Its about innovation people you cant say that there is nothing more than pointing and clicking that could be done with the remote. i also think that with the popularity of the wii their would be enough people to populate the game. i really think that they could make one and it would be good.

COLDshiver said:
I would very much like Guild Wars on the Wii, as i play it almost daily on my computer :D Since the GW system works perfectly with the Wii. The only problem is the ever changing world and patches that Guild Wars gets often. I don't know how the Wii will manage with 512mb. Maybe a 1gb sd card must be required.

Any other MMO will be harder because you have to pay for it.

Maybe in future when the full version of the internet for wii comes out u may even be able to download ot off the website, but i highly doubt it :(

whatever console nails the mmorpg genre will be the one i end up sticking with.
i love mmo's, i like single player games but they are all over too quick and a mmo has no end. plus probably alot less cheaters on consoles :D

peterose said:
whatever console nails the mmorpg genre will be the one i end up sticking with.
i love mmo's, i like single player games but they are all over too quick and a mmo has no end. plus probably alot less cheaters on consoles :D

By that definition your talking about the PS2 with FFXI. True the game also allows PC users but most MMO's have to. To actually make an MMO interactive would require a minimum of 1000 users so to make that initial amount of people a PC beta version usually comes out first.

A MMO for the Wii would require a.) Nintendo dropping their Mii requirement for online play. b.) A huge release notice and c.) A significant amount of advertising. The only Wii game I've seen televised was Madden and Ice Age and that is because they are ported.

I also feel in June we will see a lot more Wiiness when all the systems get rolled out and some of the bugs get worked out with online play.

Isnt the pokemon game going to be a mmorpg. it is an rpg and its online, so...doesnt that fit the criteria?

anyway, if you guys are really looking for a mmorpg i suggest runescape to you. Very fun game if you stick with it.

I totally think Nintendo is capable of such a thing! First off to those who think this system is not technical advanced to, ps2 has one all that need to do is have their online dev kit compatable with nintendo soon to be wifi kit. I would settle for a morrorwind theme, with zelda like characters. Again I know these fanboy are trying to discourage us with nintendo online system, but I'll say it again nintendo know what their doing they don't what to copy the xbox live hell they want to lead.

OMG, I've been hoping, didn't think anyone else was as enthusiastic. Wii MMORPG using Mii's would be so cool.

Phelyx said:
By that definition your talking about the PS2 with FFXI. True the game also allows PC users but most MMO's have to. To actually make an MMO interactive would require a minimum of 1000 users so to make that initial amount of people a PC beta version usually comes out first.

i dunno i think they far from 'nailed' it. first off, thats not a good game imo. plus them playing with computer people is one main reason i want to try one on console..cutdown on bots and all that type of stuff, duping with dual accounts, 2boxing, speedhacks, probably alot less gold farming/sales as well.

maybe conan on the xbox though i dunno about that game. i wish fallen earth was due on consoel that game looks awesome.

seeing as how nintendo isnt giving the rigts to online to third party, i dont think it will happen. But maybe they will do a "seal of aproval" thing that they did with nes, aproving games to give them online access

They're only holding back online for third parties until 2008. Wii will have been out for 9 months before online is available, I think six months to test it with their games before allowing third parties to release games that might set things in stone before nintendo can adjust the system isn't horrible in my opinion. It sucks to wait but it's just the reality of things. As miyamoto has said, he'd rather release something late in perfect condition and has no qualms about scrapping a project if its not up to standards.

Back