mmorpg

rodent

WiiChat Member
Aug 7, 2006
i really like the idea of a mmorpg, and would like 2 play one. i cannot afford expensive monthly fees, however. so it looks like my only option is guild wars. can any1 tell me what guild wars is like? all the websites about it say that the gameplay is different, but i cannot figure out how.

ideally, i would rather play wow, but $15 is just 2 much.

please reply

well i played wow and played guildwars, imo WoW was better, guild wars was all show, and flashy but the gameplay sucked imo, wow is addicting but there wasnt really a point to the game so i deleted my account, but i liked wow better while it was still fun

Maple stroys ment to be free and good (from what I herd)

But id like to see one on the wii (without a subscription)

I got guild wars but I thought it was utter crap. Did not like it at all.
I've tried WoW but I don't like the graphical design. Now I play Everquest 2 - by far the best MMORPG imo. I payed £1.99 for the game then its £6.99 a month or £60 for 12 months

well tell me if u think id like it:

i really liked runescape, but stopped playing because its graphics were ****, it was way 2 expensive (in the game) 2 be a mage, and because of the lack of character customization

i like being a dark mage type of character. i like 2 be in teams (guilds/groups) of characters all working 2gether 2 do an almost impossible goal.

i like the idea of leveling up a character, but not if its 2 hard

i like the idea of freelancing (having people higher u 2 do certain tasks that were not meant 2 be jobs in the original game)

and one of my favorite things is when people find a way 2 make the game perverted (i honestly dont like 2 participate, but its funny as hell)

I played a bunch of MMOs. WoW was poop, Guild Wars was fun (played for 80 hours) MapleStory was horrible, Silkroad Online was fun but wayyy to much grind, SpaceCowboy was really fun. Best free MMO out there (if you like star fox type gameplay)

There used to be a RPG thing on here
but I hardly ever played it (rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrubish)

Waiting for Age of Conan to come out, might very well compete with WoW... IMO. :D

I'm hoping that they come out with a MMORPG Final Fantasy for Wii with no subscription. That would make me a very happy man.:smilewinkgrin:

jshannonbuller said:
I'm hoping that they come out with a MMORPG Final Fantasy for Wii with no subscription. That would make me a very happy man.:smilewinkgrin:
A real MMORPG would be impossible without some kind of fee. Besides the MMORPG that Square Enix is making is for the 360, and the PS3.

I believe WoW is having a free trial atm, why not give it a spin. Worse that could happen is you like it :p

I myself have played many MMO's, not WoW or Guild Wars but I had friends that did. I've played Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, Star Wars Galaxy, Dungeons & Dragons Online, and my favorite addiction Final Fantasy XI Online. I would say most MMORPG's are tough if you're just a casual gamer. You really end up sinking alot of time and it's not like most games where you can "beat the game" by any uncertain terms. Basically an endless game.

Last edited:
jshannonbuller said:

I would have to say that I too would love to see final fantasy 11 on the wii.

The Wii could definitely handle FFXI, as for the subscription FFXI won't be free. Would keep the same monthly fee as the game now if it ever did. FFXI currently supports PC, PS2 and 360. I already own FFXI for the PC and 360 I honestly couldn't see buying it for another system.

Lol. Yeah I owned it for my pc and recently quit. If it were to come out for the Wii I may go back.

Back