mmorpg

I'm just not sure what the advantage would be to playing it on the Wii. I mean that game is keyboard intensive, the main thing the Wii has going is the Wiimote, not sure how that would translate to FFXI. Now if Nintendo made a Zelda type MMORPG I'd be all for it. Something that would incorporate most of the wiimote/nunchuk movements from most of the minigames you see out today. There are rumors that the Wii may be able to support voice chat in the future, but no official word from Nintendo on this. This would open new doors, like the one saving grace of DDO was built in voice chat, I noticed myself typing alot less in that game (unless someone in my party didn't have a mic).

I would have to agree with you. Maybe thats why Nintendo said the TP was the last of Zelda as we know it. Zelda MMORPG!!

Search up these MMO's, they're currently the best in my opinion.

Ever Quest 2,
Guild Wars,
RF Online,
Phantasy Star Universe.

(If you don't like paying just get Guild Wars, no monthly subscription but it is quite crap compared to the ones you pay for.)

rodent said:
i really like the idea of a mmorpg, and would like 2 play one. i cannot afford expensive monthly fees, however. so it looks like my only option is guild wars. can any1 tell me what guild wars is like? all the websites about it say that the gameplay is different, but i cannot figure out how.

ideally, i would rather play wow, but $15 is just 2 much.

please reply
not to be coarse, but i'd like to mention you might want to consider learning korean.

www.netmarble.net

features 30+ games, all free to play [they make money by people buying items who are too lazy to actually do stuff in the game ;)] i've been on it for about a year + and i've loved it.

there's MMO/FPS,RPG, rhythm, and any other type of game you can imagine [i think there's a card game there too]

I would say, Try guild wars :) I still play it and enjoy the game. (got 2 chapters, would have got the third but the Wii came so it has to wait :) ) Of course, with all MMOs they are confusing at first to learn all the controls but once you understand how the game works, it's really fun. Very robust PvP but the single player is quite bland. If you are getting guild wars, i would suggest getting the first chapter. Helps introduce you into the game slowly. and the PvE is pretty long. If you like it, get the 2nd and/or third. The second chapter though (factions) doesn't offer such a good PvE but it offers great PvP. The third (Anet finally learning from it's mistakes) revolves around PvE so you'd get a good PvE experience along with the great PvP experience GW offers. (I've been following and playing guild wars ever since it came out in April last year, also started playing the beta 6 months before it launched. Also played WoW for about 6 months before moving on because of $$ reasons)

Seems like this is your first MMO, i suggest actually trying a few free MMOs to get the feel. If you don't like MMOs (the sense of community, leveling, etc.) than you wouldnt' lose anything but time by trying free MMOs. If you like it, i'd suggest moving on to retail ones (like Guild Wars for example :)). Some Free MMOs i would suggest: Anarchy online, Rappelz, Maplestory, Silk Road, Entropia, and even Runescape. I would suggest trying Runescape first because it is a basic traditional MMO. Don't spend too much time in it, give other MMOs a try since they offer different gameplay settings and environments.

I would suggest going to the following forums to learn more about it: (best GW sites imo for the best info)

www.guildwars.ogaming.com
www.gwonline.net

conqueronline.com <--- That's what I play. It's free and really fun ^.^ I'm in the KingJus server, if you decide to play.

~Marisa~ said:
conqueronline.com <--- That's what I play. It's free and really fun ^.^ I'm in the KingJus server, if you decide to play.
i used to play that all the time but it got kinda boring after a while lol. everyone is always jumping around and makes it look kinda funny. i remember when some noob player came and started attacking me (i was lvl 15 he was lvl 3 or something like that) so i started attacking him and he ran away and i chased him. BIG mistake. he led me to some high level friends of his and they killed me before i could even type "help!" lol

Mitch2025 said:
i used to play that all the time but it got kinda boring after a while lol. everyone is always jumping around and makes it look kinda funny. i remember when some noob player came and started attacking me (i was lvl 15 he was lvl 3 or something like that) so i started attacking him and he ran away and i chased him. BIG mistake. he led me to some high level friends of his and they killed me before i could even type "help!" lol

Rofl, yep, sounds like Conquer. It can get boring if you play too much, but then again, so can most games. You should play again and come into my server ^.^ I'll help you to level and stuff

Alright, I had little time but kida peiced together a good idea:

How bout World of Warcraft, but Hyrule
Race: Hylian, Goron, Zora, Badguy?
Genders
Job
quests

Back