MMORPG's

Trace

Rabbit Hole Prophet
Feb 20, 2007
Annapolis
Wii Online Code
3809-3430-0782-5455
Anyone think we will see one come to the Wii? I was kinda hoping FFXI was gonna come over like it did to PS3 and Xbox 360. It would be nice to see a fresh original MMORPG for the Wii come out, It would more then certainly do well. What do you guys think?

Im all in for an MMO. And an mmorpg on the Wii would be amazing. And if it was a 1st party mmo made by Nintendo, (maybe featuring Nintendo characters/world) I would go all out crazy for that, Hell, I'd be willing to even subscribe to a monthly fee for that.

No. In fact I'll go one step further. I'll say for the next 2-3 years the MMO market will be dominated by WoW, FF11, EQ1-2, and a few others that have been out for years. Age of Conan, and all the new MMOs aren't going to dent those games. The MMO market is the definition of niche market. Yawnfest.

It would be great is someone like Miyamoto made a MMO. This market needs new ideas! Instead everyone copies the leaders.

warhammer will run 2nd to WoW, it will get tons of subscribers. made by mthic(makers of DaoC quite possible the best pvp mmorpg ever made) and its look is reminiscent of WoW.

if wii comes out with one i would think it will be some kind of ragnarok anime type clone but as popular as these games are in asia you would think they have to bring something. bring a version of lineage2 or 3 and you will sell a wii to 10 million people!

sagema said:
No. In fact I'll go one step further. I'll say for the next 2-3 years the MMO market will be dominated by WoW, FF11, EQ1-2, and a few others that have been out for years. Age of Conan, and all the new MMOs aren't going to dent those games. The MMO market is the definition of niche market. Yawnfest.

It would be great is someone like Miyamoto made a MMO. This market needs new ideas! Instead everyone copies the leaders.

I'd like to argue. From my past history of MMORPG's, i've seen the same rage and popularity of games come up, then crashing down. EQ1? It only has the same old fiends. FF11? Servers dropped populations a year after launch do to newer attractions. It's the circle of life with games.

I'd love to see any style of massive online activities with the Wii. Rah Wii.

Wow has over 8 million subscribers. During their peaks EQ1, PSO had 2 million each. EQ1 now sits at 200k. What makes those games, EQ-2, FF11, and WoW so astounding is their ability to hold onto large player poplations for very lengthy amounts of time. However like all MMOs everything but WoW lost the bulk of it's player population right around year 4. More successful games like Lineage, AC have also held out player populations for longer periods of time.

I can't see many current MMOs living up to this trend. Vanguard, Conan, LoTR, and Warhammer are a niche market and won't come close to matching the past records. WoW seems to be gobbling up the whole market, because it's become a niche market that feeds bots/farmers. Everyone copies each other (with the best one winning out by a lot), and this trend won't change for years.

it would be cool but i have never heard of an mmorpg on a console, because MMOs are usually MMOs because they update, and good updates. I know they can update console games from the internet, but a friend of mine works for something like that and its very difficult and expensive. But im still not sure because a wii has better online capabilities and an xbox would. The thought of one would be cool.

Nintendo tried to bring in all the costumers they could that doesn't mean that they aren't aware that majority of their consumers are still between 13 and 31 (That's not a fact) and as a family people would like to interact with other people that's what families do Wii seems like the perfect place for an MMO but the amount of memory and such it would have to be like a 4 disc don't know how that would work though and I don't want a 3rd or 2nd party I want Nintendo to make it or Crossbeam Studios they are my favorite besides Nintendo right now

id LOVE to see a runescape/guild wars/oblivion type of MMoRPG using our miis as characters. That would be awesome...

- the Runescape I would like some stats and stuff

The idea of Zelda online like Resident Evil outbreak would own. In REO you get 4 players online splitting up to figure out puzzles and meeting up at key points. I think a 4 player online Zelda TP would own. Of coarse it would need to be modified.

Back