Mod Chip Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xingzup

WiiChat Member
Jan 22, 2008
I live in the Middle East, and I bought a modded Wii. According to the box, the Wii is from the US. I've tried bootleg games, and they work. My cousin got me a bootleg Super Mario Galaxy, and while reading the CD, it starts updating the Wii.

My questions are:

- How do I find out which particular mod chip I have?

- Is there any way to find out if updating the Wii software will "brick" the mod chip, without actually updating the Wii software?

Thanks for the help!

xingzup said:
I live in the Middle East, and I bought a modded Wii. According to the box, the Wii is from the US. I've tried bootleg games, and they work. My cousin got me a bootleg Super Mario Galaxy, and while reading the CD, it starts updating the Wii.

My questions are:

- How do I find out which particular mod chip I have?

- Is there any way to find out if updating the Wii software will "brick" the mod chip, without actually updating the Wii software?

Thanks for the help!
You will have to download a patch or update for the chip.

I haven't used one myself, but the Wii update is to try and make modded Wii's useless.

EDIT: You will have to dismantle your Wii to find out what chip it is. Or you can contact the person who sold it to you.

breaking breaking software license agreements is... evil :lol:

your sig says: "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." ~ Leonardo Da Vinci

the only responsible for wii-modchips is Nintendo, because they made wii region-locked with no reason.. :(

that's why i'm thinking of getting a wii-key for my wii, since it has it's updates, and it's not easy for it to be broken by Nintendo.... :p

i can get it through the internet, but i definitely cannot install it......

zingzup, i think you should look for an updated for the chip, most likely is wiikey but i don't know more.... contact the person where you got it.... : )

Find out which Modchip you have. You HAVE to in order to proceed.
All of the major modchips released a patch for SMG right away. You just need to know which one you've got, and then download the corresponding update patch.
Hopefully you have Wiikey.
Wiikey FTW.

the only responsible for wii-modchips is Nintendo, because they made wii region-locked with no reason..

ummm. no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back