ModChip for Wii ?

xbandaidx said:
Ok first off I don't appreciate your attitude towards me, and if you want I can give you all the FEDERAL law information on backups if you want? Just say the word and I'll give you the exact location to find the information you seek. I'm just helping you folks that have misunderstood somethings out there. If you don't like knowing the correct information than just put me on your ignore list here and go on with your life. No one is forcing you to read my posts.

Second, I didn't take an ethics class, I took a computer concepts and technology course. Third, friend codes are different from CD keys from PCs, totally separate from each other, and anyone who actually takes time to read the manual will know its safe to give out.

You are misunderstanding me about the codes! IT IS NOT SAFE TO GIVE OUT CD KEYS FOR GAMES!!! Yes you can give our your Wii friends code, that's not even what I'm talking about! Just forget it...

iplaywii said:
You are misunderstanding me about the codes! IT IS NOT SAFE TO GIVE OUT CD KEYS FOR GAMES!!! Yes you can give our your Wii friends code, that's not even what I'm talking about! Just forget it...

You'll see I updated my last post after you edited yours, I understood what you were saying after you changed it.

xbandaidx said:
You'll see I updated my last post after you edited yours, I understood what you were saying after you changed it.

HAHA WERE ON THE SAME PAGE!!! WAHOOO LOL :ciappa:

Yeah, anyways that's what I was talking about. The Wii games of the future might have there own CD-Key for online play so it would be useless to make a copy.

I'm glad you agree on the backup issue. That's the only copying I would do if I did do that. I just feel like if you buy the game then you are entittled to have a backup. I'm not trying to redistribute so I see no harm there.

iplaywii said:
HAHA WERE ON THE SAME PAGE!!! WAHOOO LOL :ciappa:

Yeah, anyways that's what I was talking about. The Wii games of the future might have there own CD-Key for online play so it would be useless to make a copy.

I'm glad you agree on the backup issue. That's the only copying I would do if I did do that. I just feel like if you buy the game then you are entittled to have a backup. I'm not trying to redistribute so I see no harm there.

I agree on game backups, most people don't know there is a certain thing called DVD Rot out there, and about 20% of all DVDs released are effected by it, basically DVD Rot is a deterioration of the DVD. Since we have such a problem that plaques us, I believe we should be able to backup stuff like that. (do a google search for more information on it, DVD rot)

But yeah its very likely they would do the CD key for Wii Games, such as the first time you go online with a game it registers the game's 'gamecode' to a server and links it to your Wii console number.

xbandaidx said:
I agree on game backups, most people don't know there is a certain thing called DVD Rot out there, and about 20% of all DVDs released are effected by it, basically DVD Rot is a deterioration of the DVD. Since we have such a problem that plaques us, I believe we should be able to backup stuff like that. (do a google search for more information on it, DVD rot)

But yeah its very likely they would do the CD key for Wii Games, such as the first time you go online with a game it registers the game's 'gamecode' to a server and links it to your Wii console number.

Yeah, a DVD will not last forever, average life is like 5-10 years, if that, isn't it?

Wonder if Nintendo has thought about the CD-KEY deal for games? We need to put together a presentation, present our idea, and make our millions. Haha, I'm sure they are far ahead of us! :)

iplaywii said:
Yeah, a DVD will not last forever, average life is like 5-10 years, if that, isn't it?

Wonder if Nintendo has thought about the CD-KEY deal for games? We need to put together a presentation, present our idea, and make our millions. Haha, I'm sure they are far ahead of us! :)

Yeah them japanese are smart people, I'm sure they have. I'm not sure the life span of the DVD, even know they say "it'll last forever" it actually won't I guess it depends on the environment condition around the DVD. Sounds like a good estimate though.

meh cd-keys aren't even an issue anymore for pc you can grab valid keys off of e-bay for less than half the price of the game. And PS2 had a similar system for online games the keys were embedded into the game disc which took less than a few months for crackers to make a program that aloud you to alter the codes to make the burned games work online.

Nintendo ask for code to play online games :lol: - how long you think that will took me to find a key ?

answer = not that long

V@A said:
Nintendo ask for code to play online games :lol: - how long you think that will took me to find a key ?

answer = not that long

Righttttt.... There are some PC games out there where you have to have a unique key to play online games. I'm suggest the same thing for the Wii. A key generator does you no good Mr. Wanna Be Hacker. Like the guy above said you can buy a key on ebay for half the price of the game, but you still have to BUY something! Download a bootleg copy of Battlefield 2142 for the PC and find a key that allows you to play online without buying one. When you do, I'll give you your props, until then quit talkin smack, when you don't know what your talkin about!

xbandaidx said:
Don't drink lol. You know how much money people could save if they didn't buy alcohol? Its quite impressive how much. One person going out to the bar can spend over 25 dollars on average easily. Now lets say that person goes out once a week, thats a 100 dollars a month.

Now if you were to invest that money into something like an IRA, and give it some time, you'd be friggin rich.

Here you got a very good point! People always say that buying software is expensive.... Let me see...
Here in Spain you pay for going to the movies around 5-6€, That money gives you fun for about 90 minutes. (We don´t calculate the popcorn, drinks,...)
And a games costs round 50€....[calculate....calculate...] So a game would give you about 12,5 hours of fun..... And I believe any game can give you more than that. And you can sell it afterwards for let us say 20€ to a seconhand store....
So seeing this, a game isn´t that expensive..... Ofcourse, all the people who say it is are people who want to have all the games.... Play every game that comes out....
I am not saying that I don´t have pirate games, because I have on my PC.... But mostly I play the games I bought, as when you buy a game you really enjoy it more.....

Renting is a good solution.... still here where I live it isnt available.

Hi all.

This is my second post on WiiChat, and it happens to be on a topic very near and dear to me; PIRACY. Yes, I pirate media, of all forms, for personal use. I am somewhat of an advocate of such a thing. The biggest reason is this; does not equal theft of physical property.

As stated by blenderwizard, using another persons intellectual property without paying for it is far different from taking their physical property. The reason for this is that the quantity and value of intellectual property is infinite, whereas a person's physical property, is limited to an individual item. Copying a person's idea on an individual basis does not "steal" anything from them; it just reduces future potential of that idea being sold to that person (and this is still debateable).

As for the idea of all of the individual pirates add up to a single, major source of loss of income, too many studies have found this to be debatable, such as was previously mentioned where piracy was actually shown to be able to help a company.

If companies really wanted to lock down on piracy, they should start taking the problem much more seriously; stop designing programs that the masses can run with little input from the manufacturer. Start producing code on unique form factors (as an example, cartridges, instead of CD's and DVD's that can not only be run in a gaming console, but also a computer which can copy, break down, and modify code), and have a control on the production of such media. How much piracy would this alone control? Sure, someone would one day destroy our imaginary cartidge gaming machine and make an image copier out of it, but that's the way these things are. at the very least, if such media were put into unique formats, the ability to create a copy of the that was played in the same format would be near, if not entirely impossible. Think of the PSP; the only way to play a pirated PSP game is to load it onto a large memory stick. Could Sony not potentially eliminate the ability for a this? Could they not include internal memory? Could they not eliminate the USB port on the systems to keep them from being linked to a computer? OF COURSE THEY CAN!!! Why don't they? Convenience. The nice features that are added by all of these "security flaws" outweigh the "losses" due to piracy. Long story short, companies choose to allow their materials to be pirated out of convenience.

As for what actually constitutes theft of intellectual property, by my ideas (which you may not agree with, I could care less), this would be copyright infringement on a much larger scale, ie, Nintendo's supposed infringement for the Wiimote's design, or what should be Sony's infringement on the Nintendo's "6 axis controller". These are not only hindering the potential of a company to make money, they are also taking that potential for themselves, especially in Sony's case, where this is being done to a direct competitor in the same market.

Okay, enough ranting.

V@A said:
pirates = never buy

And hacking the system(Wii) is a challenge for us.

You call yourself a pirate and put yourself into the same category as a "hacker" :shocked:

One word that comes to mind is ...

POSER

You remind me of this Canadian I met once that said he was glad the incident of September 11th happened to the U.S. :mad5:

9/11 - you dont wanna know what I think about it. - but here we dont talk about politics , get back to topic.

omegis13 said:
Hi all.

This is my second post on WiiChat, and it happens to be on a topic very near and dear to me; PIRACY. Yes, I pirate media, of all forms, for personal use. I am somewhat of an advocate of such a thing. The biggest reason is this; does not equal theft of physical property.

As stated by blenderwizard, using another persons intellectual property without paying for it is far different from taking their physical property. The reason for this is that the quantity and value of intellectual property is infinite, whereas a person's physical property, is limited to an individual item. Copying a person's idea on an individual basis does not "steal" anything from them; it just reduces future potential of that idea being sold to that person (and this is still debateable).

As for the idea of all of the individual pirates add up to a single, major source of loss of income, too many studies have found this to be debatable, such as was previously mentioned where piracy was actually shown to be able to help a company.

If companies really wanted to lock down on piracy, they should start taking the problem much more seriously; stop designing programs that the masses can run with little input from the manufacturer. Start producing code on unique form factors (as an example, cartridges, instead of CD's and DVD's that can not only be run in a gaming console, but also a computer which can copy, break down, and modify code), and have a control on the production of such media. How much piracy would this alone control? Sure, someone would one day destroy our imaginary cartidge gaming machine and make an image copier out of it, but that's the way these things are. at the very least, if such media were put into unique formats, the ability to create a copy of the that was played in the same format would be near, if not entirely impossible. Think of the PSP; the only way to play a pirated PSP game is to load it onto a large memory stick. Could Sony not potentially eliminate the ability for a this? Could they not include internal memory? Could they not eliminate the USB port on the systems to keep them from being linked to a computer? OF COURSE THEY CAN!!! Why don't they? Convenience. The nice features that are added by all of these "security flaws" outweigh the "losses" due to piracy. Long story short, companies choose to allow their materials to be pirated out of convenience.

As for what actually constitutes theft of intellectual property, by my ideas (which you may not agree with, I could care less), this would be copyright infringement on a much larger scale, ie, Nintendo's supposed infringement for the Wiimote's design, or what should be Sony's infringement on the Nintendo's "6 axis controller". These are not only hindering the potential of a company to make money, they are also taking that potential for themselves, especially in Sony's case, where this is being done to a direct competitor in the same market.

Okay, enough ranting.

I whish... I wish.... that the company you work or will work (as you sound like a liitle boy) or even the company of your old man has a great IDEA... The produce the idea... they make money and THEN suddenly some other guy cracks the system....steal/borrowthe idea and the company goes broke.... you (or your old man) is out of a job... you have to sell your house and live in the street.....

YEP! You got me..... Piracy isn´t stealing..... Great arguments you have!!!!:thumbsup:

We all should make piracy a dayjob!!!! :prrr:

Back