Modchips for Imports

uk_louis_1986

WiiChat Member
Jun 2, 2006
United Kingdom
Ok guys, i live in the uk were we have to pay double on most games(unfair i know) so i am wanting to get a wiikey, NOT so i can play copied games or make "backups", just so i can buy cheaper games from the usa, do you see anything wrong with this:cool: also do you know if jap games have an english option?

your best bet would be to learn japanese, i would be intrested but i rather do it an easy way (go to shops and buy it)

uk_louis_1986 said:
Ok guys, i live in the uk were we have to pay double on most games(unfair i know) so i am wanting to get a wiikey, NOT so i can play copied games or make "backups", just so i can buy cheaper games from the usa, do you see anything wrong with this:cool: also do you know if jap games have an english option?
Most gamers in Australia do this. I havn't heard of any Japanese games with such an option.

If you plan to play import games from the US you should read up about the console brick phenomenon. The simple answer is to ALWAYS update your wii online before playing a new game.

That is a good practice but sometimes it is not enough. Get the ISO patch to remove autoupdate on those games doing that. There are a lot of modchip resources in the UK.

The ISO patch won't work for retail versions of the games. Seems Nintendo wants us to steal :sick:

Obvious, the ISO patch would only work on an ISO. In some countries, backing up a game you own is legal. Not sure that is the case in UK.

If there was nothing wrong with this then I doubt that you would need a modchip to do it...

Back