MOH:H2 = Might of Hackers:Hackathon 2.

twilightx said:
It's not a hack - it's a bug in the online system that happens randomly. It happened to me - at first I thought I was having the game of my life but when I realized I was invincible, I just quit the game and came back in. Apparently, EA is working on fixing the error, but I haven't heard anything about certainty or timetable. I actually emailed EA today to see if they are working on a patch.

Does anyone have proof that it happens randomly and cannot be triggered? Just because it seemed to have happened randomly, doesn't mean that it can't puposely be triggered. In reality, you probably accidently triggered the glitch. Glitches aren't completely random; they happen because you do somehting--whether or not you realize it.

And I have no doubt that there are people out there that know how to trigger it. Tt'll only be a (short) matter of time before word gets spread, and the problem proliferates.

Do you guys honestly expect EA to do something about it? Do they EVER do anything to address issues with games? Quite frankly, this title was a low budget title thrown to a small developer by EA; clearly, this game is of very low importance to EA. If they don't even address problems in higher profile titles, what makes you think they'll do anything about this one?

Tek720 said:
You cannot hack Wii online games.

Not yet. Just wait for Action Replay and the others. Then people WILL be able to hack.

As of right now, one cannot technically hack. However, people can purposely trigger and abuse glitches. It seems to me that the individuals denying this probably don't have much experience with online games. This is actually relatively common. Refer to SOCOM 1 for the PS2 for evidence.

After reading its a glitch then okay its not a hack. But its really funny to hear people say Wii Online games can not be hacked. You guys are being naive. Wii console is just like any other console, its basically a mini computer, and a computer CAN be hacked. Its not like PC where you download a program and use it. People mod there systems for the hacks, so it IS hackable. Its just that chances are you wont run into the modders as much because its alot harder to do. I know on Xbox if you're got modding they ban your account for a lifetime. But you have to pay for Xbox live, so they actually care for there members.

Atomheart said:
Does anyone have proof that it happens randomly and cannot be triggered? Just because it seemed to have happened randomly, doesn't mean that it can't puposely be triggered. In reality, you probably accidently triggered the glitch. Glitches aren't completely random; they happen because you do somehting--whether or not you realize it.

And I have no doubt that there are people out there that know how to trigger it. Tt'll only be a (short) matter of time before word gets spread, and the problem proliferates.

Do you guys honestly expect EA to do something about it? Do they EVER do anything to address issues with games? Quite frankly, this title was a low budget title thrown to a small developer by EA; clearly, this game is of very low importance to EA. If they don't even address problems in higher profile titles, what makes you think they'll do anything about this one?

For the record, a glitch doesn't necessarily happen due to user interaction or influence. It could just as easily have been triggered when it compiled the information for the game, in which case you or I didn’t have any influence into that process. I log in the same way every single time, for every single game. I even pick the same outfit and weapon, look for the same type of game, and same number of users…etc. So by definition, I can tell you that it is random. I’ve played over 30 hours and it happened once. I highly doubt (read: at the moment) players can 'force' the bug to happen - it just occurs and they decide to exploit it.

As for a patch, you’re probably right and they’ll just look to improve on the next game. I was just relaying what I heard from the EA MOHH2 forums. It’s just a good thing that they have kick vote – it helps, I just wish more people would use it when it becomes blatantly obvious that someone is exploiting the bug.

It just says a lot about online gaming these days when the first knee-jerk reaction is "someone is definitely hacking and knows how to do it, those cheaters!" :wtf:

Last edited:
you cant hack you will nevr be able to unless u do something with the sd cards which is highly unlikly.

theres other topics saying about glitchs in the online game mode.

Kill 'em with Melee?

I read a post on a gamespot forum suggesting that people that get this glitch are still vulnerable to melee combat:

[quote from user Bunions on gamespot forum]
However when playing in Village yesterday I found something very helpful. Their was an invincible guy in the corner of one of the side houses. Everyone was shooting him, throwing grenades. (He should stood there shooting people - hehe). Until after quite a while of this, I went up next to the guy and did a full blown gesture melee attack. The first time it knocked off his helmet; but the second time it killed him! I found this pretty cool, but since then I couldn't find anyone else who was invincible to try it out. So next time you see one of those jerks, try that.
[/end quote]

And another response in that thread:

[quote from primeboss]
oK I just tried it Twice.

The first time it didn't Kill him, probably because it didn't do enough damage before he killed me.

The second time on a different person It DID kill him, but killed me like 5 times before i could enough damage to kill him.

PS: The map was Village.
[/end quote]

Hopefully this will help deal with people exploiting this glitch somewhat.

Customer: 12/06/2007 06:46 AM

Hello,

I have been playing Medal of Honor Heroes 2 for about a month online and noticed that there are instances that a player during multiplayer online enters a game and is invincible – there have been many complaints on several forums regarding this issue as well. I myself have experienced this as I entered a game and found that I wasn’t taking any damage and could not die. Is EA working on a patch for the Wii in order to clear up this issue? Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

Response (GM Messy): 12/08/2007 07:49 AM

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts.

The online engineers are currently aware of it and are working on ways to resolve this issue. At this time there is no current information available.

Should you have any further questions please take a moment to review our FAQ site http://support.ea.com
Take care,

EA Sr. Rep Joseph B. / GM Messy
Player Relations
Tech Support
Electronic Arts

It's not a hack. I have no idea how to hack, and I was invincible one time. All I can remember is I picked allies, rangers 5th, can't remember weapon. I was completely invincible. When grenades exploded, only the deafening and dizzy thing happened, no blood. I had about 15-0 and decided to make sure. Pulled grenade pin, let explode, no blood. My Persona is GhostKilla, sorry to whoever I killed, I don't cheat on purpose. Heard some where you press plus while spawning at start of match to do this.

So this game is not a pain to play online like the PSP version? My brother has that, and I'll admit, I'm no FPS champ, but I know something is wrong when people are flying across the stages and firing rockets as fast as a machine gun. It's so frustrating, because the games are fun when people just play by the rules. I was going to get this game, but fear of hacking and my PSP experience made me not buy it.

Dav_4550 said:
So this game is not a pain to play online like the PSP version? My brother has that, and I'll admit, I'm no FPS champ, but I know something is wrong when people are flying across the stages and firing rockets as fast as a machine gun. It's so frustrating, because the games are fun when people just play by the rules. I was going to get this game, but fear of hacking and my PSP experience made me not buy it.

I never saw any of that. Aside from the invincibility glitch that came up every few games, there wasn't any hacking.

Though, that's not to say that the game is good. The game had WAY too many flaws (in the online mode and off) to make it a game worthy of $50. I may get it again down the road when it's $20-30; but as it stands, it's not worth $50 unless you've NEVER played an online shooter before.

LYING B*STARD!!!!!!!!!!

*LMAO* Kiddin' dude, hey ulose, it's BCKaptainKrunch, what's up dude?? Didn't know you were over here at wiichat too heheh :)

Bravo Company, huah!!!!! :p

uloseiwin said:
its definitely NOT a hack, i know for a fact that its a glitch. if anyone ever gets it, or sees anyone with it, quit the game. You dont want to give yourself a bad reputation if you get it.

i do know a guy who got around 32-0 without the glitch, just pure skill. My most is 14-0.

Yeah, I can prove it.........if it were really a "hack" and not a glitch........the details of HOW to do it would spill and be spreading like wildfire throughout the MOHH2 community, trust me. And it's not. With up to 900-1000 people on the MOH servers simultaneously at times, wouldn't you think that more than 15 or 20 would be using the "hack" as much as possible? More like 200 to 300.........and we just don't see that happening. The servers would be worse than they are now.......they'd be 90% unplayable due to "hackers".

Now, whether or not EA will patch this....I think everyone else is right, probably wouldn't count on it...

Atomheart said:

Hey Kapt, how's it going. You're right, of course. The MoHH2 community is actually pretty closeknit, though you wouldn't know it on wiichat because they pretty much screwed the ability of MoHH2 users to talk here between their prohibition on clans and their refusal to provide a subforum. The glitch has been analyzed over and over, and by far the vast majority of the time, glitchers glitch before they spawn initially--it's likely triggered by circumstances beyond control, rather than by any actions someone could take.

There are plenty of cheapsters who would love to purposefully glitch if they could, but they have to wait for it to happen before they can abuse it. When the match ends, they are as vulnerable as everyone else, and there's nothing they can do about it. If anyone knew of a way to trigger it, it would become instantly apparent in both community chat and in their stats.

atomheart isn't going to be convinced though, so don't waste your time trying to convince him. He's been convinced it was toast since the week it came out.

Back