Monkey Ball Weirdness

ScuzzBuster

WiiChat Member
Nov 19, 2006
Indiana
Wii Online Code
8112-1897-2331-9869
Has anyone experienced weirdness with SM Ball? Everything was groovy up to the pirate ship level. Made it through Level 7, then on level 8...suddenly when I boot the game, it makes me start from Pirate level 1 until the first continue when I can bump back up to 8 again. I spent almost a week working on level 8, then after I beat it, BOOM, not only does it not let move on to the bonus level, it says that never even beat level 7. After a week working on level 8, the frustration was immense. :yikes:

i had this happen to on the desert level , but i found out one way to save it is just die all of ur lives and when i says "continue?" hit no and go back to the main screen till you cant go no more and then just go to the home and shut off the console, besides that i have no idea how to save my progress :p

komio said:
i had this happen to on the desert level , but i found out one way to save it is just die all of ur lives and when i says "continue?" hit no and go back to the main screen till you cant go no more and then just go to the home and shut off the console, besides that i have no idea how to save my progress :p

Well that's Effin convenient. I love my Wii (hey, no jokes) but I DO have to say that EVERY game so far has at least one if not many irritating bugs. The Monkey Ball Save thing really pushed me over the edge, but I've suffered irritating lost saves in Zelda and Red Steel as well. I rescued the first set of Geishas in Red Steel and moved on to the next checkpoint (without stopping, pausing or turning off the console) and I was working through the level thinking "Damned if it they aren't back tracking me through the same street..." and suddenly realized it had dropped me back at least 3 checkpoints...and my save was gone.

In Zelda, every time I acquire an item and save my progress manually...got the iron boots, went back to Death Mountain to the Goron city...SAVED AGAIN and shut off the game. The next day, I loaded my game...no iron boots and I was back to the village point before I even left to get them.

No weirdness in Wii sports, but what's there to save besides stats I guess. My son rented Rampage, worked two days unlocking new monsters, flipped on the console today...boom...all gone.

I think there is possible some inherint problem with the flash memory. Worrisome to say the least.

Okay, now I'm totally off my rocker...completely and utterly. I just 2 minutes ago finished up level 7 (again see my original post). I hit the goal and when it took me back to the level selection menu for the pirate ship level...NOW IT SAYS THAT I HAVE YET TO BEAT LEVEL 6. The whole damned game is running backwards.
Do I need to read the manual...is this part of the game. Am I crazy?

Back