Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

HAK

PROFESSIONAL GAMER
Mar 20, 2012
London
Wii Online Code
0000-0000-0000-0000
So, how many people here play this game? I discovered it a while ago and... I love it! Also what's your favorate monster?

I have it on the U. Also quite fond of it myself, though I've finally hit a wall and have taken a break from playin' it after a long month of huntin' and makin' my way to HR5... or was I 6? Hell if I remember.

One does not simply choose a single favorite monstar. :lol: Though if I had to, the Zinogre would likely be on the top'a my list. The Nargacuga 'n Agnaktor would be fightin' for second. Mind you, I've yet t' see an Alatreon (soon) or Dire Miralis (probably not soon), so maybe one'a them will knock my top three outta their placement.

Shoutouts to Rath wyverns just for bein' generic fire-breathing wyverns, and thus are automatically cool as 'Karp.

As cool as Zinogre is I think I like the Nargacuga best. The Alatreon doesn't look all that cool but the Dire Miralis OMG.
So what weapon do you use then? I keep changing from GS / DS / L / GL / B / HBG / LBG. Need to try out the rest!

I like the Zinogre so much 'cause it's design has so much personality. It's attacks personify raw power in a similar way to a Barioth, but at the same time it jumps around with the agility of a Narga. Perhaps even moreso, I ain't seen any other monster doin' attacks as crazy as a Zinogre does. And also lightning, I've always been biased towards that element.

Main LS, with a very meager side of Hammer. Main reason I haven't branched out to other weapons yet is 'cause I don't want to ever become dependent on blockin'... nor do I want t' use ranged weapons. I quite liked DS in the demo I played ages ago, so I'll probably experiment with those next. After that, perhaps SA or GS. The former in particular seems pretty interestin', though clearly more difficult to properly use than any other weapon I've derped with so far. The latter seems quite easy to learn, so obviously I'll give it a shot at some point just to keep things fresh.

You got any favorite armor sets? Wroggi armor is my personal favorite for aesthetics by a damnable long shot.

I've got it for 3DS, and played Tri on the Wii. Favorite monster would be Jhen Mohran. Favorite armor set is mixed and includes things such as the guild bard lobos hat, soulhunter vest(?), jho pants, and I can't remember the rest. Main Switch Axes and lances, with Great Swords as a fun alternative. Bowgun for being elitist and killing as fast as possible.

Jhen is everything one would want out of a monster hunting game. Big monster, heavy attacks, takes forever to take down. You've got your fellow hunters, who are also scapegoats for whenever something goes wrong. Love the music at the last stage of the fight, although the previous are also good. The setting is great. Desert whale hunt is something I'd want in more games. Using the tools on the ship also adds more interactivity than other hunts. Different stages means change of tactics. That sorta thing.

Regarding the bowgun: In Tri, you didn't have separate bowgun classes. It was a single customizable class that allowed you to mix and match different pieces. It pretty much lets you abuse the heck out of explosive rounds. I remember killing Alatreon in 2 minutes with it. Scary stuff. Reminds me of Morrowind enchantments.

Well bowguns were nerfed quite a bit. I think my favourite armour set so far would be either the wroggie or goldbeard ceadeus.

Jhen is everything one would want out of a monster hunting game. Big monster, heavy attacks, takes forever to take down. You've got your fellow hunters, who are also scapegoats for whenever something goes wrong. Love the music at the last stage of the fight, although the previous are also good. The setting is great. Desert whale hunt is something I'd want in more games. Using the tools on the ship also adds more interactivity than other hunts. Different stages means change of tactics. That sorta thing.

Well, if you're includin' fight scenario bias then I'm mighty inclined t' agree. The Jhen fight certainly was good fun, and far more epic than the Caedus fight. Would'a loved to of seen more sorts'a those hunts. Speakin' of, I recall hearin' NPCs mention airships, so perhaps there'l be some dogfights with wyverns in MH's future... ... ... or that's already happened in past game(s), and I'm just a clueless nub.

I think my favourite armour set so far would be either the wroggie...

Very good.

Well the wroggie looks like a cowboy and so it's just pure goodness, but i really wanted the pumpkin armour cuz I looks sooooo amazing but it'll be a huge pain to get :(. Unfortunate my 3rd got the Black Screen Of Death so I'm stuck playing the wii u for now :(

Got my 3ds back and found THE best armor set ever! The G rank Deviljho armor is to die for.

It looks alright from the screenshots I've seen, but I can't judge it proper 'til seen in-game. Which hasn't happened 'cause I've yet to encounter any Savage Deviljho... don't have the fully upgraded 'Jho LS neither. needz me some black blood

Recently, I've taken a liking to Blademaster Barioth armor. Ain't particularly badass-lookin', but I like the aesthetics a lot. I like the skills even moar.

Are you gonna get Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate when it comes out? Cuz i heard they'll be adding an online feature for the 3ds!I'm currently trying to master every weapons type and its going fairly well.

I might get it at launch, though I'm still hopin' for a Wii U release.

Haven't really ventured out into other weapons since 3U was my first MH game... only briefly touched upon DS and Hammer. Ain't particularly interested in Hammers, but I might add DS to my repertoire. Those two aside, I definitely intend to try a good few other weapons in 4. Probably gonna give the Switch Axe a go, as well as that new "Insect Rod". The latter especially interests me, what with its description on the wiki bein' "Can attack fluidly like a Long Sword". The weapon ain't named all-that cool, but it seems fun t' use.

I've heard the insect you get with the staff is seperatly upgraded! Switch Axe is amazing fun, definialy worth a go!

Back