More Mature Games

yeahh im hoping they come out with a great FPS that uses the wiimote to its full potential but i mean mario is awesome its not realli kiddie cuz everyone will play it but the onli thing i wanna see is a great platformer, a great FPS and a megaman game (that doest bring shame on the series *cough* star force*cough*)

wiicanchangetheworld said:
Mario is a bit childish.
If you see a man around 33 playing Mario on his big hdtv, it is childish.

You better believe I'll still be playing Mario when I turn 33 and then after that

A 33 year old would have only been like 9-10 when mario for NES came about. And since there is this thing called nostalgia, it wouldn't be that odd. Unless of course you live in some hickass town.

Nintendo is smart Rated M games mean kids/teens cant get them most of the time so have no blood to make more green. Besides just because its rated M does not make it for adults it just means it has blood, scary images and bad words etc.

man f@#k what ppl think. when r u gonna start thinking 4 yourself? if your friends are gonna make a big deal b/c of what video games you play time to find some new ones if ya ask me. play what u want be it wii ps3 or 360 but to he' with what ppl think and/or say!!!

RPGMasterTurk91 said:
yo i KNOW what u mean! i know exactly how u feel; mario-related games where im from and the Wii altogether r considered "gay"; nobody likes it in my area and i guess theres more ppl who like nintendo than i thought after reading this forum
Sounds like there should be someone there to "educate" them. Seriously, everyone that I've told about the Wii is soo enthused about it, that I'm gonna have stiff competition when it comes out on Friday. Start learning everything you can about the Wii and you'll be able to change public perception. The more they challenge you, the more you can answer, and look great, and the more interested they will be.

however, to answer your question, the Wii will have many teen and mature-rated titles; this is something different for Nintendo, a new generation of gaming; it can be compared with PS3 and XBOX360 in terms of "cool" games for the most part
Very true here. Although I have to say that the Wii is aimed at all ages, both genders and all styles of play. It's basically a machine for everyone.

listen, the ppl on this forum love nintendo, but i can see that the area WE live in has the same theme to it. Whats your story? do ppl think in your school (if u go to school) think that the Wii is kiddish, another gamecube and is a gay console and that if u get it, u'd almost be a loser? in my town, everyone aims for the PS3 or XBOX360; those are the "cool" systems, "you can't go wrong with them"...
Perhaps you should educate people on what the Wii is about. Their arrogance stems from their ignorance. If they know more about the Wii, they'll have an easier time accepting it.

as for the comments countering his statement, stop criticizing him for what he said--he wasnt offending anyone intentionally and u guys r all acting like losers in doing so; "who doesnt like mario? its not like its not appealing to all ages"; actually, stop being ignorant, cuz certain areas (like NJ) r like that and people actually do look down on the Wii and its games:mad2:
Inform them then. Don't be ashamed of what you like. Mario really isn't specifically for kids. If it was, it would have pulled some new crap in, like those old kids series that get 'revamped' into something that even older fans couldn't recognise. Mario homages itself. This appeals to people previously familiar with the Mario franchise. This is how it attracts older gamers - it allows them to visit the good old memories of when Mario was a sidescroller - or even further back as a hero to save Pauline from that Ape throwing barrels.

Kamikaze said:
Again, who gives two shits what people think about you? You know what, your shoes are like so out of style, you're gay now because you're wearing shoes that were like so fashionable two weeks ago but now it's like not.
You know what? You're absolutely right. I'm sorry for anyone who I offended at all.

Off topic though, when are more shooters going to come out for wii?

i eat nintendo wiis said:
C'mon, I LOVE Mario. Honestly though, it's not the type of game i'd want other people to see me playing, you get my drift?

Also, by childish, I mean the characters are, not the gameplay.
No, I don't get your drift. It's not Nintendo's fault you care what people think of you for playing Mario.

hehehe i made a post EXACTLY about this topic... yeah, but, there's a few awesome looking horror/survival games comin out (sadness... I REALLY HOPE THE GRAPHICS AREN'T LIKE THE TRAILER!!!!!!!!)
anyway... i really do hope the wii isn't children focused with only a amall list of games for adults. but i'm really looking forward to mario even though i dont have a wii. hehe...

MetroidZ said:
No, I don't get your drift. It's not Nintendo's fault you care what people think of you for playing Mario.
I kind of get what he means... he's not blaming it on nintendo. he's just saying that his friends might not the mario is an adult-ish (lol) game... which, in my opinion, it isn't really a kiddy game. it's a game that everyone can play, but, it's such a popular series that it doesn't really matter, especially considering they're good games. but games like spyro, which is a popular series, sucks. and it's a really kiddy game no matter how much they try to redeem themselves. this was kind of a random and very long post but oh well lol.

i eat nintendo wiis said:
You know what? You're absolutely right. I'm sorry for anyone who I offended at all.

Off topic though, when are more shooters going to come out for wii?

You didn't offend me, it's just quite sad that you're only playing games that aren't to your taste just so people won't make fun of you. **** I'll play Pokemon, and I'm turning 20.

Back