More Online!!!!

Nfanboy said:
stop complaining! When the DS Wi-Fi first came out there were not many games with Wi-Fi. Same with Wii. Just wait and there will be more online games.
yea i think you are right about this one!!!

Well the console is only a year old. It takes time. More and more games will become online.

My only hope is that they fix the way you can play online. Because the friend code thing sucks.

People need to be able to setup a "Profile" and have the option for "Open Adding" so people can just flip through "Profile Channel" and find people who are open for being added. That way you can just click on "Add" and not have to type in the long code.

Or if you manually want to add a friend, you can do so, but it will also bring over their information like Alias, gender, game list, etc.

Thats why I made the MiiWiiChat website, because you can log on there with your wii and instantly find people online to play with. Its only been up 6 days and I've already found lots of people to play Strikers with.

well i dont know if they will ever do this but they can have downloadable patches so you can play the games you own online when it wasn't originally online!!!

Kinda like game addons!!!

matthewj said:
well i dont know if they will ever do this but they can have downloadable patches so you can play the games you own online when it wasn't originally online!!

I think they're more focused on new stuff rather than going back to add online to old stuff.

From what I understood when the Wii first came about it lacked Wi-Fi support in the Wii SDK, and it was using a modified version of the original GameCube SDK until the complete developer's kit was out. The Wii was already released to the public by the time the revised update was given to 3rd party developers, it's taken up until now to actually to start seeing Wi-Fi capable games.

I estimate that this trend will continue, and as time progresses forward I suspect even more Wi-Fi games available.

Animal Crossing on the Wii is supposed to be an MMO, so that's definitely online...

Seriously though, do you guys all REALLY want online multiplayer games? The current 'market' for them is pretty limited... shooters being the dominant focus.

We need more intuitively unique multiplayer games, and I think Animal Crossing is a step in the right direction. More shooters and racers are just... more of the same, there's nothing really unique about any of them nowadays that sets them apart from each other.

Everybody Vote, and the way Miis mingle, that's really cool, and a lot more mentally rewarding... anybody else agree?

that would be so sick!

starkat said:
Animal Crossing on the Wii is supposed to be an MMO, so that's definitely online...

Seriously though, do you guys all REALLY want online multiplayer games? The current 'market' for them is pretty limited... shooters being the dominant focus.

We need more intuitively unique multiplayer games, and I think Animal Crossing is a step in the right direction. More shooters and racers are just... more of the same, there's nothing really unique about any of them nowadays that sets them apart from each other.

Everybody Vote, and the way Miis mingle, that's really cool, and a lot more mentally rewarding... anybody else agree?

that's kind of where I was going...

If there were too many online games.. then that means inferior or older games' wi-fi capability would turn into such a waste due to its customers migrating towards the "new and better" games that are online.

Wi-fi should be focused into those "best of the best" games like for example.. an all-time classic... SUPER SMASH BRAWL

Back